Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have a couple questions...

First, What kind of mileage are people getting out of the Front OEM Diablo Rosso III ?
I have almost 15,000km and it is pretty much toast. Seems very good but now it's kinda scary, tough time getting exact replacement here in Canada. I've had a Diablo Rosso III on order for almost 2 months but ETA keeps getting pushed back. I have had to resort to ordering a Diablo Rosso II , it's on it's way. Sticking with the Pirelli because I just replaced the rear with another Diablo Rosso III which I bought year ago but did not need till a few months ago.

Second, I recall reading somewhere that you need to remove front brake pads before removing calipers because there is not enough clearance to remove caliper without pads removed. Is this true ? Not a big deal I have removed the pads before but just want to know before I receive the tire and need to remove the rim. Thanks for any help.

Don

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
The mileage is about right for the front. BTW- I've noticed I got better mileage with the Ducati spec tires (OEM) vs the generic Rossos. They cost about $5 more but probably scarce to get.

I've given up on the Pirellis and gone to Dunlop Roadsmarts. They seem to handle just as well on the street.

Sorry, have no knowledge removing front wheel since I have no front stand.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I seem to get about 10,000 km or 6,000 miles out of my fronts. Suspension setup and slightly higher tyre pressures and my current front has done 12,000 km. My commute has over 50% twisties, so it gets a daily workout.

Reactions: djcmx49 and Ed K

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The mileage is about right for the front. BTW- I've noticed I got better mileage with the Ducati spec tires (OEM) vs the generic Rossos. They cost about $5 more but probably scarce to get.
I wish I could have ordered the "D" spec tire but it is out of stock as well as all the other Pirelli tires are here in Canada...I was lucky to get a hold of the Rosso II

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got about 14000km out of my original front tyre. A little less out of the rear, more like 12000km.

Reactions: djcmx49

·
Registered
333 Posts
Second, I recall reading somewhere that you need to remove front brake pads before removing calipers because there is not enough clearance to remove caliper without pads removed. Is this true ? Not a big deal I have removed the pads before but just want to know before I receive the tire and need to remove the rim. Thanks for any help.

Don
No need to remove the pads. It is tight and you need to create some extra room between the pads to slide the caliper off. But you can just simply unbolt the caliper and force the pads back by twisting the caliper side to side. Be aware that you forcing brake fluid back into the reservoir, though.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My new Rosso II came and I had it installed on rim. I removed rim with no issues but I did remove Brake Pads to make it easier to remove calipers. Back on the bike and ready to ride....now if only the weather would cooperate. Thanks for all the help and advice guys... :)

Reactions: steved57
1 - 7 of 7 Posts