Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i've just bought a used set of OEM panniers, the bags are okas their frame....BUT, the seller has not gave me the "special scews" marked in red in the following picture...do you know where i can get them as a spare part?? THANKS!!

Font Art Parallel Auto part Drawing

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
What was there now? I thought you just re used the Originals for those in that location? You have no bolts in those holes now? did you circle the correct Bolts?
These bolts are peculiar to the design. They have a male end the goes into the bike frame and a female end that attaches the rack. Mine sheared off. I had to get the broken ends taken out of the frame on the motorcycle. I bought my bike used and didn't realize that whole rack was was over torqued. Otherwise, I'd just have broken the common rear rack assembly bolt which I broke later on a four day trip.

I've upgraded the rack bolt and keep the rack off the bike unless I need the bag storage.

Also, need to thank this forum and the guy that posted the assembly instructions with proper torque values (which is basically hand tight to a simple L- allen wrench).

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
These bolts are peculiar to the design. They have a male end the goes into the bike frame and a female end that attaches the rack. Mine sheared off. I had to get the broken ends taken out of the frame on the motorcycle. I bought my bike used and didn't realize that whole rack was was over torqued. Otherwise, I'd just have broken the common rear rack assembly bolt which I broke later on a four day trip.

I've upgraded the rack bolt and keep the rack off the bike unless I need the bag storage.

Also, need to thank this forum and the guy that posted the assembly instructions with proper torque values (which is basically hand tight to a simple L- allen wrench).
I had the Panniers installed by the dealer before I picked the bike up then removed them and the mount as soon as I got it home for later use so I just assumed those were the original bolts and re installed them without the rack.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I had the Panniers installed by the dealer before I picked the bike up then removed them and the mount as soon as I got it home for later use so I just assumed those were the original bolts and re installed them without the rack.
The OEM bolts are different bolts with no female ends. I got them in a bag and didn't know what they were for. I (wrongly) assumed that the dealer put the bags on the bike but am now thinking that former own did that. He also included some unnecessary padlocks for the bags.

A ratchet with allen fittings can be a dangerous thing, at least they can cause damage. :rolleyes:

Funny, the guy traded his Harley for the 939, put 1300 miles on it and traded that one for a Pentagale. I don't get the logic but I got a nice bike for a good price. I did a test ride and some research and determined this run of bikes didn't have any systemic reliability issues, other than mirrors.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
The OEM bolts are different bolts with no female ends. I got them in a bag and didn't know what they were for. I (wrongly) assumed that the dealer put the bags on the bike but am now thinking that former own did that. He also included some unnecessary padlocks for the bags.

A ratchet with allen fittings can be a dangerous thing, at least they can cause damage. :rolleyes:

Funny, the guy traded his Harley for the 939, put 1300 miles on it and traded that one for a Pentagale. I don't get the logic but I got a nice bike for a good price. I did a test ride and some research and determined this run of bikes didn't have any systemic reliability issues, other than mirrors.
Sounds like the guy was developing a need for speed....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts