Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Oil Change - How much plastic has to be removed?

9K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  steeve 
#1 ·
Wondering how difficult it'll be for those of us who want to do their own oil change? I haven't ever owned a full faired bike so I'm not really sure what I'd be getting into if I bought one.

#21 ·
The company I worked for had a series of aftermarket (but famous name) oil and air filters along with our own sectioned and mounted on boards so that customers could see how each was made and what they contained along with technical data for theirs and ours. Our technical specifications for our filters ran to dozens of pages.
The difference was just amazing.

#32 · (Edited)
Whilst BMW, Mercedes etc etc don't make their own filters what they have made is made by quality approved suppliers to their specifications.
I can assure you that a cheap filter is just that, they bring the price down by not having the internal materials that OEM ones have. a smaller filter media area is a usual short cut.
Non OEM aren't necessarily all bad, but they aren't as good. Me? I'll use super unleaded, best oils and filters and what ever else is high quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.