Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
The green horror is one of my favourites. It's the second longest running magazine in Australia and the longest running bike mag in the world.

Gotta love Fred Gassit...

Reactions: RODDERS_SS937

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The green horror is one of my favourites. It's the second longest running magazine in Australia and the longest running bike mag in the world.

Gotta love Fred Gassit...
Green horror???

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
I subscribe through Zinio. I have the app on my Android Phone, Windows PC, and iPad so it is portable across platforms.

Cuts down on paper, I get the latest edition as soon as it is released (there are lots of issues with Australia Post, some things take three weeks to deliver, not so good with a fortnightly news magazine), and have a back library with me wherever I go.

Just not the same as print. Miss the feel and smell, not to mention larger images, that you get with print. You have to use Zinios reader view, rather than view the pdf, as well. Reader view sometimes has quirky rendering.

All in all though, all my magazine subscriptions are through Zinio. Added bonus, most subscriptions are cheaper than hard copy, so my magazine budget goes further.

Reactions: BruderMaximus

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I subscribe through Zinio. I have the app on my Android Phone, Windows PC, and iPad so it is portable across platforms.

Cuts down on paper, I get the latest edition as soon as it is released (there are lots of issues with Australia Post, some things take three weeks to deliver, not so good with a fortnightly news magazine), and have a back library with me wherever I go.

Just not the same as print. Miss the feel and smell, not to mention larger images, that you get with print. You have to use Zinios reader view, rather than view the pdf, as well. Reader view sometimes has quirky rendering.

All in all though, all my magazine subscriptions are through Zinio. Added bonus, most subscriptions are cheaper than hard copy, so my magazine budget goes further.
Maybe need another thread on all the magazine subscriptions this forum has?

Reactions: BruderMaximus

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Boe @BruderMaximus We can create a thread and turn it into a “sticky”. Any suggestions for a title, or simply: “Magazine Subscriptions”?
Yeah magazine subscriptions is fine... makes it clear. Thanks Ed. I imagine it might be for magazines as a whole but also cool articles worth sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
@Boe @BruderMaximus We can create a thread and turn it into a “sticky”. Any suggestions for a title, or simply: “Magazine Subscriptions”?
What about "I saw it in a magazine I subscribe to" or similar so it becomes a place for magazine articles?

·
Administrator
10,010 Posts
@Boe @theresanothersteve Created a thread and made it a “sticky”, trying to combine both of your thoughts… called it “Magazine Subscriptions Articles”. But if you have other thoughts for the title, can modify it.

Also, put a placeholder pic from the first post. But can transfer this whole thread, if preferred.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Boe @theresanothersteve Created a thread and made it a “sticky”, trying to combine both of your thoughts… called it “Magazine Subscriptions Articles”. But if you have other thoughts for the title, can modify it.

Also, put a placeholder pic from the first post. But can transfer this whole thread, if preferred.
What you've done is perfect Ed.

Reactions: Ed K
1 - 15 of 15 Posts