Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first service, I was pleasantly surprised with how much better my SSS felt. As if it was completely rejuvenated.

Unfortunately, my dash started to freak out luckily a few blocks away from home. These were my symptoms:

- Flashing fuel gauge & low fuel indicator
- Flashing "---" for DTC and Speedometer
- Mileage stuck at 767 miles
- DQS completely disabled
- Check engine and diagnosis lights

Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Tire Motor vehicle

Oddly, the bike started up just fine and I was able to drive it to the dealer; 45 minutes away (they're worth it). Long story short, the fans keep blowing the 10AMP fuse whenever triggered to turn on. Initial findings assumed it was the black box, or maybe even my tail-tidy tricking off the sensors.

The folk at Cal Speed Sports have yet to encounter anything like it. I'm hoping to hear back within a week.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted.

Reactions: ck_939

·
Registered
473 Posts
hope they figure out the problem sooner than later bro.

probably worth noting the tail tidy manufacture since it may be the cause. NRC tail tidy right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hope they figure out the problem sooner than later bro.

probably worth noting the tail tidy manufacture since it may be the cause. NRC tail tidy right?
Yep, that's the NRC. No worries though, the rear is on a different circuit.

.ck

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Very sorry to read this ck, and hoping the dealer identifies the problem quickly.

Thank you for posting for the community and keeping us advised as it might help someone else, and Forum members may be able to help you trouble shoot potential causes if the dealer cannot identify the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE!

They found the wiring harness to be pinched in a couple of places, this was the ultimate cause to the shorts. Ducati is going to warranty the bike and send in a new harness. So far, the bike has been riding fine, but will bring it in during the winter season for them to replace the harness. The job requires practically everything to come off.

.ck

·
Registered
667 Posts
UPDATE!

They found the wiring harness to be pinched in a couple of places, this was the ultimate cause to the shorts. Ducati is going to warranty the bike and send in a new harness. So far, the bike has been riding fine, but will bring it in during the winter season for them to replace the harness. The job requires practically everything to come off.

.ck
Yikes...sounds like an issue coming out of the factory (production line).

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
The job requires practically everything to come off.
I’m glad they found the issue, but I would not like the fact that they have to disassemble so much of the bike. It’s not like you have much of a choice, but still...things sometimes don’t go back together as well as they did at the factory.

Hope it all goes well for you, though. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yikes...sounds like an issue coming out of the factory (production line).
I’m glad they found the issue, but I would not like the fact that they have to disassemble so much of the bike. It’s not like you have much of a choice, but still...things sometimes don’t go back together as well as they did at the factory.

Hope it all goes well for you, though. Keep us posted on the progress.
I was told there have been a handful of these cases across different models from Ducati, definitely sounds like factory issue. Loosening up the harness (crimps/zip ties?) will do the trick, but Ducati still wants the old harness as part of the warranty claim.

I'll update once the bike goes in before the rainfall.

.ck

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
I was told there have been a handful of these cases across different models from Ducati, definitely sounds like factory issue. Loosening up the harness (crimps/zip ties?) will do the trick, but Ducati still wants the old harness as part of the warranty claim.

I'll update once the bike goes in before the rainfall.

.ck
Thanks for keeping us advised.

Do know what sections of the harness were crimped/damaged?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts