Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ozark Rally is back. This was initially the Triumph RAT Raid, open to all bikes, but now is called the Euro Raid. I think this is to get the word out that all bikes are welcome. Also, several bike shops selling different brand are sponsors, including Ducati shops.

The rally site has moved from the Jasper area to Heber Springs. I've never been there but I'm sure they'll be some great riding. Hopefully the Covid cases will be under control in Sept.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Ozark Rally is back. This was initially the Triumph RAT Raid, open to all bikes, but now is called the Euro Raid. I think this is to get the word out that all bikes are welcome. Also, several bike shops selling different brand are sponsors, including Ducati shops.

The rally site has moved from the Jasper area to Heber Springs. I've never been there but I'm sure they'll be some great riding. Hopefully the Covid cases will be under control in Sept.

Hmmm, that may be a possibility.
Great riding area.

Reactions: LowRyter

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to report this year's rally has been cancelled due to Covid. I took a trip to Arkansas with a fellow member on the forum back in June, I was quite surprised regarding the number of folks I encountered that didn't get the vaccine. Given the pandemic and this year's more distant location, I can understand why the organizers might not have had many interested riders and decided to cancelled it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I have to report this year's rally has been cancelled due to Covid. I took a trip to Arkansas with a fellow member on the forum back in June, I was quite surprised regarding the number of folks I encountered that didn't get the vaccine. Given the pandemic and this year's more distant location, I can understand why the organizers might not have had many interested riders and decided to cancelled it.
5 Damn Canceled :cautious: because of Covid that sucks.The way that all these never ending restrictions are going will you ever get to go again and redeem yourself from that little spill you had. Oh i do hope so.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
5 Damn Canceled :cautious: because of Covid that sucks.The way that all these never ending restrictions are going will you ever get to go again and redeem yourself from that little spill you had. Oh i do hope so.
I've not had a "spill" on my 939 <knock wood>. (reading your other posts here, that must disappoint you)

However, on my last trip to Ark one of the riders on a Ninja had a dropsie in the hairpins. I had a great time riding and did 350 miles days on some great twisty roads. Perhaps those references led to some confusion of your part?

The problem with Covid here (Okla & Ark) is that we have no restrictions and many are getting sick. For example, my mother is extremely sick, non Covid, has been to the ER twice but can't get an ICU room. She needs some tests to determine what's wrong with her, the doctor can't get her admitted because all the hospitals are flooded with Covid patients. My sister and niece are taking care of her. Frankly, I don't how long she will hold on. She's been this way for a couple of weeks.

In the case of the Ozark Rally, it was cancelled by the sponsors and perhaps lack of participants. But not cancelled due to restrictions, just by choice.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I've not had a "spill" on my 939 <knock wood>. (reading your other posts here, that must disappoint you)

However, on my last trip to Ark one of the riders on a Ninja had a dropsie in the hairpins. I had a great time riding and did 350 miles days on some great twisty roads. Perhaps those references led to some confusion of your part?

The problem with Covid here (Okla & Ark) is that we have no restrictions and many are getting sick. For example, my mother is extremely sick, non Covid, has been to the ER twice but can't get an ICU room. She needs some tests to determine what's wrong with her, the doctor can't get her admitted because all the hospitals are flooded with Covid patients. My sister and niece are taking care of her. Frankly, I don't how long she will hold on. She's been this way for a couple of weeks.

In the case of the Ozark Rally, it was cancelled by the sponsors and perhaps lack of participants. But not cancelled due to restrictions, just by choice.
Why are you telling me this you know i don't care.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

If anyone had concern. My mother did find a spot in a heart hospital for her AFIB. Hopefully they might discover her ongoing illnesses. I shouldn't have started this in the first place, sorry, but being provoked and stressed I did mention it.

Carry on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts