Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this from a guy in Philippines. Found him in the Supersport facebook group. He has his own shop. Although he was a bit tardy with delivery etc, the belly pan seems to be reasonable quality (for the price). It's polycarbonate with carbon fibre tabs at the back that bolt on to the CAT. I paid AUD 408 delivered to Australia. Less than half the price of Ilmberger Carbon one (including delivery).

Couple of things to note - I'm not sure of the joint between polycarbonate and carbon fibre in the long run. Also, the holes for the bolts on the tabs are exact, and after just 2 rides, I could already see some chaffing as this is a flexible connection. I've let him know about this, so that he can make the holes slightly bigger in the future.

Not sure I can post his FB username in the open forum? Mods please advise

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks pretty good in the pics, Ive been wanting one of these but not prepared to pay ilmberger prices!
What’s the colour match of the paint like? Looks pretty good

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Yeah, that looks really good! I can't tell from the pics but how is the overall fit and finish? Does it truly look like OEM?

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,672 Posts
That looks really good. I'd buy one at the right price.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, that looks really good! I can't tell from the pics but how is the overall fit and finish? Does it truly look like OEM?
Overall fit and finish is pretty good considering the price. There was plenty of flex in the belly pan before installing. But I suppose its a good thing as its bolted on to flexible joints at the rear and screwed on to the fairing (solid) at the front.

Was a bit fiddly to get the front screw in as I didn't have a bike lift. But once that was in, the rest fit perfectly.
I've attached some more pics from him before he sent it to me

Attachments

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The red is on the mazda colour chart. There's a local shop that does lambo and ferrari accident damaged vehicles within 10km from where I live. Quite possibly the best in the country. They couldn't find it on the ducati chart.
I had a few pieces done in June 2017 on the SS. Think I'll take the belly pan in too, it does look better in red. I eventually bought the carbon chain guard because I thought it was a bit too much red and didn't quite fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
The red is on the mazda colour chart. There's a local shop that does lambo and ferrari accident damaged vehicles within 10km from where I live. Quite possibly the best in the country. They couldn't find it on the ducati chart.
I had a few pieces done in June 2017 on the SS. Think I'll take the belly pan in too, it does look better in red. I eventually bought the carbon chain guard because I thought it was a bit too much red and didn't quite fit.
@amoslw which belly pan is that? Will it fit the standard exhaust system or is it just for the Akra Race? I agree it will be better in red IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts