Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually managed to pair the multimedia with an iPhone,ive tried and so did the dealers.
I can get the SS to find my phone, but saying unsuccessful with the pairing code of 0000

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, it worked with mine. Have had two Android phones connected with no problems (not at the same time), and now I have connected an old iPhone 6.
For some reason I had problems connecting the iPhone, but managed to pair it after several tries.
I am not sure what I did differently when I finally got it connected, but started with deleting all paired connections. Then added the phone. I think I had problems the first time because I pushed connect on the phone to early

Sadly, neither the Android or the iPhone displays CallerID.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At Last the multimedia has finally paired with my phone, the Issue was no one was going through the right procedure!!!!
Now time to find out what it actually does :)

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
At Last the multimedia has finally paired with my phone, the Issue was no one was going through the right procedure!!!!
Now time to find out what it actually does :)
Can you put in easy to read words just what the procedure to pair is? Others may find it useful.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Will do my Best mate as the technician tried to explain.

once you've strolled down to BT on the dash your be asked to pair and will also show a list of BT connections,select yours (but do not input code into phone yet) this is where everyone was mistaken
then with mode button select one of the 4 icons on the righthand side, ones a compass ones a phone (cant remember the others).He selected the phone icon then held down mode, the dash flashed asking for code, thats when the phones code of 0000 was inputed.
now its stored and up on dash!!!!
No idea what it does yet hahahahahahaha

·
Registered
650 Posts
Will do my Best mate as the technician tried to explain.

once you've strolled down to BT on the dash your be asked to pair and will also show a list of BT connections,select yours (but do not input code into phone yet) this is where everyone was mistaken
then with mode button select one of the 4 icons on the righthand side, ones a compass ones a phone (cant remember the others).He selected the phone icon then held down mode, the dash flashed asking for code, thats when the phones code of 0000 was inputed.
now its stored and up on dash!!!!
No idea what it does yet hahahahahahaha
It took me about 20 - 25 minutes to finally get my phone (Android/Galaxy S7) paired to the BT unit on the bike, but my problem now is that I can't pair the bike BT with my headset unit (I have Chatterbox, most folks have either Sena or Cardo). Tried for at least an hour, no luck. When I called my dealer, they said that in addition to the purchase of the Ducati Multimedia System, I needed to also purchase the Ducati Headset system. WTF!!! :surprise: Is that what you had to do?

·
Registered
422 Posts
The easy answer would be to pair your phone with your headset and leave the Ducati BT out of the system. I have not seen a post where anyone has found any extra functions with the Ducati BT in the system yet.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The easy answer would be to pair your phone with your headset and leave the Ducati BT out of the system. I have not seen a post where anyone has found any extra functions with the Ducati BT in the system yet.
Hi Fred, that's exactly what I did...Ducati BT is totally out of the loop.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive noticed player appear in the functions box, guess thats for listening to music !!!! Personally I dont agree with that while riding

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems I missed the Bluetooth conversation, what's the issue with the Ducati bluetooth module.

Took me an age to pair the system to my phone. Ducati had not set it up so it was not powering up, then took ages for them to figure out how to pair with my Iphone
Got there in the end

·
Registered
650 Posts
Seems I missed the Bluetooth conversation, what's the issue with the Ducati bluetooth module.
At the moment, I have the Ducati BT module installed on the bike, but unable to pair to my Chatterbox Headset. I was able to pair the Chatterbox with my phone, but not to the bike. So what I may try is to pair the Ducati BT to my phone and then the phone to the headset...freaking more complicated than it needs to be. Ay caramba :surprise:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At the moment, I have the Ducati BT module installed on the bike, but unable to pair to my Chatterbox Headset. I was able to pair the Chatterbox with my phone, but not to the bike. So what I may try is to pair the Ducati BT to my phone and then the phone to the headset...freaking more complicated than it needs to be. Ay caramba :surprise:

The phone was a complete nightmare, but the ducati dealer managed to pair eventually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts