Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/ducati/panigale-v2/2020/

I can't wait to test ride this one. I think it's the best looking bike I've ever seen...

It also says that the for pegs on V2 are lower than the ones on V4, so while not as comfy as SS, I hope it will be comfortable enough. I wonder what's the torque situation in the low revs compared to the SS.

What do you guys think of the bike?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think it looks like a gorgeous motorcycle and probably a blast to ride but with the exhaust still looping under the seat and the bars below the triple clamps, it’s not going to be an all day comfy bike. The other negative I see (or think) is if the motor is the same as the 959 it’s not very “twiny” so there isn’t a ton of torque like the SS has.

I loved the ‘18 959 Panigale I rented in Vegas but unless I only planned to track it or lived right off the curvy roads it’s giving up too much comfort for its sportiness.

A test ride would be great, though. I’m hoping to this summer, to hopefully prove I’m wrong.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, all the torque and power at high revs and nothing in low is my biggest concern. I have ridden several sport bikes and can't say they are my vibe... But what a gorgeous machine to look at! I'll definitely be testing it out. I'd say if it had the SS torque down low and ergos with the looks of the V2, it'd be a all round perfect bike IMO.

Can't wait to test ride it, even though I know if be disappointed...

Reactions: Miweber929

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
It was designed on the tracks, not traffic jams. While in Vette C8 <3 you can roll slowly this one would be to keep attention and suffer inside the helmet for heat, "kangaroo" effect probably in low revs and bigger range than on our SS. This would be my second bike only, not the main one.
Here is more dense review :) I like more action than "English man talks talks talks less about how it rides" ;)

·
Registered
516 Posts
I clearly consider trading my SS for this V2 next summer...
It's no surprise to me that many on this forum are attracted to this V2 bike, as it has the superbike "look"; however, have we forgotten why many of us were also drawn to the SS - more comfort. That hot superbike look is accompanied with racing ergonomics, which work well on a race track, but not so well on the street unless you live next door to The Dragon or Cherohala Skyway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you ever noticed that there was a Panigale 959 while we were purchasing ours SS939?? I cant see the look improvement, the awesome design or whatever, in the V2 that makes the Panigale 959 a not considering bike two years ago...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I clearly consider trading my SS for this V2 next summer...
It's no surprise to me that many on this forum are attracted to this V2 bike, as it has the superbike "look"; however, have we forgotten why many of us were also drawn to the SS - more comfort. That hot superbike look is accompanied with racing ergonomics, which work well on a race track, but not so well on the street unless you live next door to The Dragon or Cherohala Skyway.
Exactly my concern

1 - 20 of 122 Posts