Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Was not aware there was a painted seat cowl available in grey.
You have to go through Ducati. Roughly $250.00 US dollar.
Sure, it looks better with the seat cover. Now remove the passenger footpeg brackets and cover the threaded holes with black plastic plugs.
Can’t do that. Girl rides on the back. I guess I could take her on the Ninja. lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. Was not aware there was a painted seat cowl available in grey.
I know. The base model does not come with the passenger seat cowl. So, I believe there was a high demand for us base model guys. Ducati started making them. They said a month to ship due to back order but I think it was more like two and a half weeks. Very sturdy. Comes with extra parts. I take it off regularly for my girl to ride on the back. Good solid product.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
The look of the seat cowl definitely adds a nice touch to the bike when you don't have a pillion rider, glad Ducati came to their senses and started producing them in that color. Also since you take your lady for regular rides and considering if you do or don't have the problem of her sliding forward into you constantly while braking, I found a solution on this forum to that, it's a Triboseat cover, I ordered one and my lady loves it and it provides both of us with more comfort for sure and it's not even expensive plus it's easily removeable which is yet another plus since I prefer the cowl look when she's not on board. Check out their Ebay store if you haven't already. Ducati Supersport 2017- TRIBOSEAT Anti-slip Passenger Seat Cover Accessory for sale online | eBay

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Can anybody tell me what model Ducati shares our SuperSport seat?

Is it the Monster 1200 series?

I can’t find the Supersport model on the Triboseat webpage and would like to order from their website (prefer not to use eBay).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can anybody tell me what model Ducati shares our SuperSport seat?

Is it the Monster 1200 series?

I can’t find the Supersport model on the Triboseat webpage and would like to order from their website (prefer not to use eBay).
Acording to the parts list, there is no bike that shares the same seat as the Supersport

·
Registered
115 Posts

The above link is for all the parts for the Ducati Supersport S, its UK prices but the part numbers should be same except for 'country specific' parts.
If you find the part you are looking for, scroll down until you see the part number and then tap on the part number itself, it brings up a list of all the Ducati bikes that particular part number is for.
I've ordered from this website and the service is good.
If you have a standard Supersport or a different year, then just change the search parameters at the top of the page. You can select different Ducati models too.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Acording to the parts list, there is no bike that shares the same seat as the Supersport
Thanks for the assistance, Sapper (First Earl of Boom).

Despite not being able to get in touch with Triboseat by e-mail or phone, I ordered one from eBay like a mindless internet shopper I normally strive not to be.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Triboseat arrived in the mail ushering in a pleasant calm over the Clever household.

@manofcole79 - were you able to achieve a tidy installation?

I'm going to see how things fit together with the cords running up to forward of the locator tabs at the forward part of the seat pan.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
OK, I acknowledge I'm in the running for this week's Dork Award.

I opened up the package further and found an instructional image of exactly what I described above.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
@NothingClever With a little assistance from my lady I did..I stretched the cover over the seat and held the bungie string tightly while she tied a knot in it. Now I can quickly get it on and off when I need to. I didn't want to leave it on for a long time so the elasticity wouldn't wear out to fast.

·
Registered
115 Posts
@NothingClever With a little assistance from my lady I did..I stretched the cover over the seat and held the bungie string tightly while she tied a knot in it. Now I can quickly get it on and off when I need to. I didn't want to leave it on for a long time so the elasticity wouldn't wear out to fast.
Sorry for high jacking this thread guys, but if someone was to only read the text I have highlighted in bold, Lord knows what they would make of it :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Sorry for high jacking this thread guys, but if someone was to only read the text I have highlighted in bold, Lord knows what they would make of it :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, the old ladies at the Bridge club were overheard whsipering, "That Triplesapper boy, he's a randy one. Best not let him around your daughters and nieces lest you want a scandal in the neighborhood."

Our hi-jacks here are for the most part pleasant and entertaining. The SCUBA forum I belong to is like the poster example of dysfunctional bickering on the internet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts