Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati sent me a passenger seat cover and all the parts to attach it to the seat. Each part was in its own sealed bag, labeled with description and a part number (yes two screws, two separate bags and so forth). There were no instructions or diagrams but assembly was a no brainer. My problem is that there are seven little adhesive backed pads (one 6x1/2, four 3x1/4, and two 1x1/4 inches) that need to mount to the under side of the cover to keep it from flopping around. Would someone remove their seat cowl and take a pic of the underside so I can get an idea of the factory intended placement of these pads?

Thanks in advance and keep the rubber on the road out there!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Additionally: the strips along the leading edge are about half the thickness (about 1/16") as the two strips along the outside edge (about 1/8"). All 4 are about 3x1/4. I don't see the two 1x1/4 anywhere on the cover or the seat itself.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One long stripe down the center leaving room for the hump, two along the outer edges, and two along the leading edge; as in the photograph attached.
Psyopper, thank you so much, that was perfect! The two smaller strips were the thinner ones so I put those on the leading edge and used two 3 inch strips on each side of the outer edges.

You rock my man!:smile2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi. I am resurrecting this thread as I have been trying to locate a titanium grey passenger seat cover. The only place I have located one is on Ebay from a seller located in Italy. I cannot seem to find any distributors in the US who carry this particular color. Has anyone seen this color sold in the US? Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Hi. I am resurrecting this thread as I have been trying to locate a titanium grey passenger seat cover. The only place I have located one is on Ebay from a seller located in Italy. I cannot seem to find any distributors in the US who carry this particular color. Has anyone seen this color sold in the US? Thanks much.
Since the seat cowl is a SuperSport S accessory, it’s only sold in white or red. If you find a grey one, it’s an aftermarket effort.

I think your safest bet will be the one you might’ve mulled over already....buy a red or white one and have a paint shop color match to your titanium paint.

Easy for me to say but I think it will be worth it....I really like the titanium grey and a grey seat cowl will look pretty slick.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Well, there you go.

Just when I think I’m pretty smart using the parts catalog, someone smarter comes along and attacks the problem (with a solution!) in a different way.

I’m going to blame it on diving too deep lately. Oxygen toxicity...yeah, that’s it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks. I did see that you could add the titanium grey cowl in the configurator, but could not find the cowl in the accessories section where I could actually purchase it. The eBay seller I mentioned shows the red cowl in his advertisement for the grey cowl. I haven’t bought it yet because I am skeptical. If you have the grey cowl to sell, wouldn’t you just post a photo of the grey one? Maybe I am overlooking something.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
579 Posts
I have a Red cowl I could sell you if you wanted to have it painted? Shipping it may be a few bucks but I don't need much for the cowl itself...let me know.

Don C.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts