Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati sent me a passenger seat cover and all the parts to attach it to the seat. Each part was in its own sealed bag, labeled with description and a part number (yes two screws, two separate bags and so forth). There were no instructions or diagrams but assembly was a no brainer. My problem is that there are seven little adhesive backed pads (one 6x1/2, four 3x1/4, and two 1x1/4 inches) that need to mount to the under side of the cover to keep it from flopping around. Would someone remove their seat cowl and take a pic of the underside so I can get an idea of the factory intended placement of these pads?

Thanks in advance and keep the rubber on the road out there!

·
Registered
886 Posts
One long stripe down the center leaving room for the hump, two along the outer edges, and two along the leading edge; as in the photograph attached.

Attachments

Reactions: matt7tb4

·
Registered
886 Posts
Additionally: the strips along the leading edge are about half the thickness (about 1/16") as the two strips along the outside edge (about 1/8"). All 4 are about 3x1/4. I don't see the two 1x1/4 anywhere on the cover or the seat itself.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Guys, I have a cheap little tailbag that I got from ebay for 20 bucks. Do you think I could mount this thing on the cowl without fooking it up?

It holds a change of underwear in case I scare myself to death :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One long stripe down the center leaving room for the hump, two along the outer edges, and two along the leading edge; as in the photograph attached.
Psyopper, thank you so much, that was perfect! The two smaller strips were the thinner ones so I put those on the leading edge and used two 3 inch strips on each side of the outer edges.

You rock my man!:smile2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi. I am resurrecting this thread as I have been trying to locate a titanium grey passenger seat cover. The only place I have located one is on Ebay from a seller located in Italy. I cannot seem to find any distributors in the US who carry this particular color. Has anyone seen this color sold in the US? Thanks much.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Bill, why not go to an upholstery shop? Although, I'll concede finding Alcantara might not be the easy. Nothing to lose to ask around.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Is he referring to the seat cowl?

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Hi. I am resurrecting this thread as I have been trying to locate a titanium grey passenger seat cover. The only place I have located one is on Ebay from a seller located in Italy. I cannot seem to find any distributors in the US who carry this particular color. Has anyone seen this color sold in the US? Thanks much.
Since the seat cowl is a SuperSport S accessory, it’s only sold in white or red. If you find a grey one, it’s an aftermarket effort.

I think your safest bet will be the one you might’ve mulled over already....buy a red or white one and have a paint shop color match to your titanium paint.

Easy for me to say but I think it will be worth it....I really like the titanium grey and a grey seat cowl will look pretty slick.

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Well, there you go.

Just when I think I’m pretty smart using the parts catalog, someone smarter comes along and attacks the problem (with a solution!) in a different way.

I’m going to blame it on diving too deep lately. Oxygen toxicity...yeah, that’s it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks. I did see that you could add the titanium grey cowl in the configurator, but could not find the cowl in the accessories section where I could actually purchase it. The eBay seller I mentioned shows the red cowl in his advertisement for the grey cowl. I haven’t bought it yet because I am skeptical. If you have the grey cowl to sell, wouldn’t you just post a photo of the grey one? Maybe I am overlooking something.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
512 Posts
I have a Red cowl I could sell you if you wanted to have it painted? Shipping it may be a few bucks but I don't need much for the cowl itself...let me know.

Don C.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry for not responding to your post Don C. I've been pretty busy lately and must have missed it the first time around. Let me think on it, but I'm inclined to wait for the grey version which should be release sometime within the next decade.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts