Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Ha! Just looking at the RAM marketing pics above again...it has AnyList. A handy tool we use.
Ed K...Ducati rider, Forum moderator and able to spot field mice from a mile away.

I had to triangulate to figure that out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
No, no, no...riding a motorcycle is about the "oneness" you share with the bike. No electronic distractions and especially no phone calls!
I find my Zumo GPS to be quite useful. I don't use the phone except to listen to music through the integrated Sena 10U in my Shoei Neotec helmet. Where I ride cell phone coverage is very scant.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
For the upcoming First Annual, I'm endeavoring to move my iPhone 8Plus forward (to my natural field of view in a GPS role) using Danver's key guard mount and the SP-Gadget Phone Mount, p/n 53069 (not readily searchable on their website).

At U$D19.95 for the SP-Gadget Phone Mount, it's a pretty good deal.

Phone Mount

SP-Gadget Phone Mount video below.

My RAM tank mount will receive a new RAM platform for mounting a radar detector.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the upcoming First Annual, I'm endeavoring to move my iPhone 8Plus forward (to my natural field of view in a GPS role) using Danver's key guard mount and the SP-Gadget Phone Mount, p/n 53069 (not readily searchable on their website).

At U$D19.95 for the SP-Gadget Phone Mount, it's a pretty good deal.

Phone Mount

SP-Gadget Phone Mount video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNtynP5lbFA

My RAM tank mount will receive a new RAM platform for mounting a radar detector.
I was considering this kind of mount, but I am not sure it is sturdy enough. I just can't see how it can withstand the amount of vibration that SS generates. I think you should at least invest in an additional tether, so your phone doesn't fly away.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I was considering this kind of mount, but I am not sure it is sturdy enough. I just can't see how it can withstand the amount of vibration that SS generates. I think you should at least invest in an additional tether, so your phone doesn't fly away.
I have one sitting on my desk as we 'speak', waiting for the adaptor that goes around the key to arrive...

It seems to hold the phone quite firmly. The jaws are lined with a ribbed rubber, and the hinged jaw has a lock pin so you can close the jaws on your phone and then lock it firmly. When locked I cant get the phone to move at all, but the test will be mounted to the bike.

Have faith, Obi-wan.

Reactions: Rhino

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've been riding with mine in one of these, set up nearly the same as described. 4500 miles later and I've not had a single issue with it. Phone is a LG-G6, mounted in landscape.

It's steadier than my mirrors.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
You don't need no GPS...you have a personal guide!
Oh, yeah...jus’ gonna use it for the 10 hour approach ride to monitor progress. Once linked up near Stecoah, I’m thinking I’ll be too busy lookin’ towards the next apex to make sure I don’t stick my Miata, I mean Caravan, into a tree to think about anything else.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
BTW, I talked to Dave at Techmount about the possibility of fabricating a key guard mount simiilar to the Aella offering (U$D177 before shipping).

I inquired because Techmount already makes something similar for a BMW model and the Kawasaki Concourse at a very competitive price (U$D45).

He's interested in but they're running the lathes overtime just to keep up with current demand. Always a good sign. Perhaps at the end of riding season they'll have more breathing room.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I have one sitting on my desk as we 'speak', waiting for the adaptor that goes around the key to arrive...

It seems to hold the phone quite firmly. The jaws are lined with a ribbed rubber, and the hinged jaw has a lock pin so you can close the jaws on your phone and then lock it firmly. When locked I cant get the phone to move at all, but the test will be mounted to the bike.

Have faith, Obi-wan.
I have been using one for almost a year and it is solid. I use a GoPro mount to fix it (and I have broken two mounts but the Phone bracket is good. I can highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
SP-Gadget phone mount came yesterday. Still waiting on the Danver mount to arrive to really test out the phone mount. However, bench testing shows SP-Gadget calibrated the mount within specs of a 1972 model year GI Joe with Kung-Fu grip.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Danver's slick key guard mount came today so now I’ve got a first class mounting solution for a cell phone as a GPS with space left over for a radar platform.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
That sure is a lot of mechanical stuff, there. Gonna get in your way when following me in a couple weeks. Gonna need that space to put your chin on the tank. :wink2:

>:)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
That sure is a lot of mechanical stuff, there. Gonna get in your way when following me in a couple weeks. Gonna need that space to put your chin on the tank. :wink2:

>:)
I can put my balls on the tank :grin2:
I have to get off my bike walk around the back then I can put my chin on the tank...…….but that just doesn't seem right putting my chin where my balls go :|

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
That sure is a lot of mechanical stuff, there. Gonna get in your way when following me in a couple weeks. Gonna need that space to put your chin on the tank.
Comes off easily for the twisties. I got the two-wheeled mini-van set up for temporary touring duty.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts