Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
...but that just doesn't seem right putting my chin where my balls go...
Should help limber you up for the men’s prison gymnastics competition.

Road tested the SP-Gadgets phone cradle on the Danver key guard mount this morn at 110mph.

Rock solid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all, just went through all comments in the forum and I'm kinda sold on this "Danver" mount as a phone holder soluton.

I can't seem to find that anywhere on the web. I know it's been 2 years almost since the last post here, so I'm wondering what are the options in 2020?

I didn't want to open a new thread just for this.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Got mine on eBay, but can’t find there now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here’s all you need for RAM X mount. All on EBay. Under $80 altogether. Mine is the larger size for iPhone 11 Pro Max
Thank you @Jmpropst! As I live in a very rainy country I'm probably gonna need a more waterproof solution for the phone holder itself but I guess some of that setup can work.

I was hoping to not having to screw in anything on the handlebar, that's why I preferred that center mount near the ignition cover, but I guess I'll have to go the RAM way.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had posted these before, but here's the setup I have (holder from MOB Armor and bracket was from a vendor in Italy)

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had posted these before, but here's the setup I have (holder from MOB Armor and bracket was from a vendor in Italy)
That's exactly the setup I was looking for. Too bad I can't find that italian vendor anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No problem! It works great. Tested to 125mph so far. It’s low enough to not be in your line of sight but not too much to be able to quickly look at the map or skip a track of you are rocking some buds.

Here’s all you need for RAM X mount. All on EBay. Under $80 altogether. Mine is the larger size for iPhone 11 Pro Max
Looks good! I’m giving your setup a try. Just ordered everything. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,672 Posts
I got a RAM ball mount with an M10 screw replacing one of the handlebar fixing screws off Amazon.
It's near to central and any kind off RAM phone/GPS fitting can be attached to it. You can see it on the inboard screw of the LH handlebar in the attached pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I bought the Danver mount for GoPro for modding it into a TomTom navigator mount.

I do have a RAM ball mount for end of the clip on, but I wasn't too happy with the placement and the movement of the TomTom with that. It also interferes with fork adjusters, and I also got kind of bored to see a ball on the pretty interface of my bike. Set up was fully functional, but not optimal. I do like RAM mounting system, but I simply wasn't happy on how it sat on the bike.

Of the options I had, I decided to start working with a RAM® 11mm Bolt Head Adapter Ball Base, which I had laying around. I cut of the base near the ball and ground few mm's of it's thickness with an angle grinder to provide clearance. Then I cut a 6mm thread inside the shaft holding the ball for attaching it to the Danver base plate. If you go the same route, watch out for the temperature of the mount as it is rubber coated. I cooled the mount few times with water during the process. If you heat it too much, the rubber will burn. I should think there are easier methods of doing a suitable ball mount, I simply used the bits I had around.

I attached the modified ball on the back side of the Danver mount plate, checked for clearance and it seemed to work as estimated. :) I used a RAM Short Socket Arm (mine's composite) to attach the standard TomTom 530 base to the mount. I ended up having couple of mm's clearance to the steering head and about 10mm's to the brake reservoir with the navigator in place. You can see the end result in the pics. I apologise for their poor quality, but it was already getting too dark for my poor phone.

What I really like with this setup is the clear look without the TomTom mounted (most of the time). When I have the navigator on the bike, I appreciate how it doesn't move with the steering, sometimes maybe blocking the instruments. I also think, that the overall location for the navigator is pretty much spot on now. What I still haven't quite nailed, is the location of the power lead which either rests on the paint of the tank (good heavens!) or is pulled too tight on full steering lock. I am also concerned on having the lead resting against the edge of the carbon plate. I think I will have the Female part of the TomTom socket zip-tied out of sight under the Danver plate. Having the connector there will protect it from the rain when not connected and also guide the navigator base's male lead in a way that doesn't allow it to vibrate against anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I installed this mount from Go Worx a couple of years ago.
It works very well with my iPhone X. I put the phone in a horizontal orientation with charger input on the left side. Ran a thunderbolt cord from the under seat USB along the underside of the faring and up the left side so that I can keep my phone on the charger.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I put the phone in a horizontal orientation with charger input on the left side. Ran a thunderbolt cord from the under seat USB along the underside of the faring and up the left side so that I can keep my phone on the charger.
Ditto. Different phone holder (SP Gadgets for me) but same arrangement as you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got a RAM ball mount with an M10 screw replacing one of the handlebar fixing screws off Amazon.
It's near to central and any kind off RAM phone/GPS fitting can be attached to it. You can see it on the inboard screw of the LH handlebar in the attached pic.
Hey!

This is the exact way I wanted to mount my phone. Have you had any problems mounting it this way?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,672 Posts
No Problems at all. I use the same system on my Scrambler and 907ie but they use a standard M8 socket head bolt. The M10 kit that the Supersport requires comes with 3 different length socket head screws that have a smaller than standard head diameter to fit within the 1" RAM ball.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No Problems at all. I use the same system on my Scrambler and 907ie but they use a standard M8 socket head bolt. The M10 kit that the Supersport requires comes with 3 different length socket head screws that have a smaller than standard head diameter to fit within the 1" RAM ball.
Great! Thanks so much

221 - 240 of 250 Posts