Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
@motohk Looks great!

I use RAM as well for either SAT/NAV or Phone, with great success on both my bikes. My config is with the ball stalk mounted in the inside of the bar end riser clamps, as described elsewhere on this Forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just be careful with modern phones. The vibrations from one ride were enough to kill the picture stabilization of my iPhone 11 pro. Got if fixed within the warranty but be careful, seems to be a known issue when mounting the iPhone 11 pro to bicycles or motorbikes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

New to the forum and I am reviving this thread as I recently got a Supersport S 2018 and am looking at phone
mounting options. I bought and received this unit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FRDJMDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

What I do not get the screws are very short definitly do not go THROUGH the spacers. I can't seem to understand how
this would possibly mount without long screws which would go all the way through unless I am missing something
(long screws are not included). Has anyone mount this? I mean I am sure I can get rid of the spacers and mount the bracket
directly to ignition but then what's the point of these spacers to begin with?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,

New to the forum and I am reviving this thread as I recently got a Supersport S 2018 and am looking at phone
mounting options. I bought and received this unit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FRDJMDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

What I do not get the screws are very short definitly do not go THROUGH the spacers. I can't seem to understand how
this would possibly mount without long screws which would go all the way through unless I am missing something
(long screws are not included). Has anyone mount this? I mean I am sure I can get rid of the spacers and mount the bracket
directly to ignition but then what's the point of these spacers to begin with?

Thanks
I have the same ram mount. What I did was unscrew the spacers from the mount. Then thread the spacers on the bolts at the ignition (when you remove the factory "screws" from the ignition cover, you will discover they are "nuts"). Once you have the spacers all nice and tight, then re-attach mount with the screws that came with the mount.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
@robinzon Welcome! Very glad you joined us. I don’t recall any of our Members using that particular phone mount. The spacers may be a generic fit, as you suspected, not intended for the SS. Let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did install it as @Ed K suggested. Works just fine. I did order the ball mount to use on the left clamp-on as well as I think it will allow for better
clearance for my keys. I am not thrilled with attaching things to ignition.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts