Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a local Ducati dealer that had a 2017 939ss in white with only 140 miles on it. Guy bought it, rode it like twice, stored it and ended up moving away so he sold a bunch of his goodies! 👍🏻

Anyway, the only thing that isn’t stock is the tail tidy which is really sweet.
I have an 01 900ss, so that’s my comparison.
There’s no comparison.
  • so comfy, I love it
  • sneaky quick. I was doing 60 and it seemed more like 40. Although 90 felt about right 😁
  • quick shifter works great. I’ve read some things about it that weren’t too good, but this one is perfect up and down in every gear
  • gear indicator on the dash!!! Didn’t realize how much I needed it! Lol
  • sport mode is pretty much like my other bike… full on. I like it that way. Touring was really smooth feeling though. You can tell the difference right away.
  • the stock exhaust is quiet when it starts and idles…. But on throttle through tunnels it sounded right. I might just leave it. Besides, the Akra is overpriced in my opinion. Both of them.
  • it handles great… like, really great. Firm and soft all at once. It’s brilliant.

Not so good: (same as everyone I suppose)
  • mirrors are a joke unless you’re stopped. It’s like taking my contacts out blurry. Can’t see a flippin thing. That should all just be getting further away though anyway 🏍
  • surprised how hot it was under my left thigh. Hotter than my 01 I think. Its not a deal breaker, just surprising.
  • on my 01 I can pretty much tell how fast I’m going by the sound of it, and a quick glance at the tach. This one I have to get used to. I like hearing it like that. But that’s me not the bike.
  • also have to get used to the rpm bars and the speedo. There’s something oddly intuitive about analog gauges.

That’s about it so far. Most of the negatives are me. Lol.
The others are so minute, they don’t matter.
Overall, it exceeded my expectations by a lot. And for what I paid for it, it’s the deal of the century.
Peace ✌

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Congrats and wow only 140 miles - oh because it matters here :) what color is it
Oh and enjoy as these are fun bikes

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
You pretty much covered the pros and cons. There are some marginal improvements for the mirrors and the bike will feel a little faster (and less sneaky) with 14t front sprocket.

Anyway, look around here and get acquainted.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
9 Great find, remember the bike must have been sitting for a while and hasn't done its run in yet keep an eye out for any issues relating to that engine seal, corrosion around the fuel cap and on the rear wheel spindle. they fit the rear wheel dry from factory first time i pulled the back wheel off i was shocked. Otherwise your in for some fun. Don't change to the 14T Leave the 15T in it suits the bike after a few thousand miles you will know. Oh and 190/55 rear Rosso Corsa 11 works a treat on the rear increasing your lean angle to are puckering levels. enjoy.

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport s 2017, Termignoni with Rexxer map.
16 Posts
I have had my 2017 sss for 4 years which itself speaks volumes as normally chop and change every year, added the de-cat Termignoni which is fantastic and more affordable than the Akra. Enjoy your new ride Matteo66.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
@Rhino Not wanting to highjack this thread, but I am curious - it seems you always but a random number at the start of your posts; any reason?

Reactions: LowRyter

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
@Rhino Not wanting to highjack this thread, but I am curious - it seems you always but a random number at the start of your posts; any reason?
Hi Mate. yeah they are not random, i was just making a point which has been made and received so no more numbers. Back to normal, Just the normal sickening awesomeness from me again 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts