Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have great video editing skills so I decided to just "feed" the GoPro app with some footage I recorded and let it do its thing.
The result is actually decent :)

Some nice sceneries on a glorious day (pretty rare around here). Roads are tiny and not very twisty unfortunately, but hey, as long as you enjoy :)

Duchessa is her name btw.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great video, lovely roads and some stunning scenery :p

I know your speedo is in kph, but watch those 3 figure speeds ;) Don't want to sound a killjoy, but the Police have been known to somehow find out who posted these clips (particularly if that is a photo of you in the top left corner of the clip?) and use YouTube on-bike footage to prosecute riders for speeding :(

Btw, good choice of colour for the Duchessa (y)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great video, lovely roads and some stunning scenery :p

I know your speedo is in kph, but watch those 3 figure speeds ;) Don't want to sound a killjoy, but the Police have been known to somehow find out who posted these clips (particularly if that is a photo of you in the top left corner of the clip?) and use YouTube on-bike footage to prosecute riders for speeding :(

Btw, good choice of colour for the Duchessa (y)
You just reminded me to update that very old picture!
Thanks for the advice, I don't think police has been doing that here (yet) and I know it's quite a grey area, but I'll keep that in mind for the future 💯
Believe it or not I'm going legal speeds throughout most of the video (a few exceptions as you pointed out, but brief and rare moments, mostly cause I love that exhaust sound :D): those Irish roads in the video all have speed limits of 80 or 100 kph.

I think in the bigger scheme of things, this is a relatively slow-paced, touring/scenery-orientated video, compared to what's out there. "Quick touring" if you will :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Haha paraphrasing the ‘king of the roads’, Joey Dunlop? I believe he referred to his road racing style as ‘fast touring’.

·
Registered
2020 SuperSport Ti
37 Posts
Lovely views! I’ve been in Ireland last year and I just loved the roads you have there, especially the western coast.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovely views! I’ve been in Ireland last year and I just loved the roads you have there, especially the western coast.
Thanks! I haven't been on the west coast on the bike yet. I was hoping for this summer but with the pandemic and all I'm putting that on hold for better times. The wild Atlantic way is beautiful!

As for roads topology in general, being used to the roads we have in Italy (I moved from there 5 years ago) I miss some real Twisties.
But the scenary is top notch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts