Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone else experiencing power loss when shifting up through gears with open throttle? It feels like the ignition turns off for 0,5 second and then continue as it should. It's a non S with no quick shifter. This phenomenon suddenly happened and I don't got any warranty left, it's a early 2017.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I have had it a few times where it is not fuelling and lunges forward as if hard braking. It is sporadic and inconsistent. So far it's happened when I am having a little sprint against another car or bike and it is very embarrassing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have this happen occasionally. I only ride on medium power not high power. (Throttle response is the only real difference). It typically happens when I shift late.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's exactly like you describe it, often when shifting late and racing. Is it any way to get rid of this problem?

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Hello, anyone else experiencing power loss when shifting up through gears with open throttle? It feels like the ignition turns off for 0,5 second and then continue as it should. It's a non S with no quick shifter. This phenomenon suddenly happened and I don't got any warranty left, it's a early 2017.
What gear and rpm range were you in when it happened?

·
Registered
439 Posts
It's exactly like you describe it, often when shifting late and racing. Is it any way to get rid of this problem?
So TLDR no not really, you can change your habbits to lessen the issue.

First you have to understand what the DQS is doing. The DQS is cutting or adding throttle (depending on up or down shift) long enough to take pressure off of the gears and allow them to change. If you turn DQS off you can do the exact same thing manually by applying some pressure to the shifter and manipulating the throttle. The gearbox on these really locks you out of shifting until you have little pressure on the internals.

So back to the problem at hand. When you shift late you have no more power in the band for the DQS to use to get the tourqe off of the gears. It then has to cut power long enough to drop speed so it can get into a powerband that it can use.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,584 Posts
So TLDR no not really, you can change your habbits to lessen the issue.

First you have to understand what the DQS is doing. The DQS is cutting or adding throttle (depending on up or down shift) long enough to take pressure off of the gears and allow them to change. If you turn DQS off you can do the exact same thing manually by applying some pressure to the shifter and manipulating the throttle. The gearbox on these really locks you out of shifting until you have little pressure on the internals.

So back to the problem at hand. When you shift late you have no more power in the band for the DQS to use to get the tourqe off of the gears. It then has to cut power long enough to drop speed so it can get into a powerband that it can use.
But his bike hasn't got DQS!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've had it happen a few times...was very disconcerting the first couple of times.

It hasn't happened on my last few rides out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The obvious question was whether the bike was on limiter? I assume not. The next question would be the latest factory ECU update.
No the bike is not on the limiter when it happens.
The ECU was updated in June.

The problem appeared before and after ECU update. Now it got the upmap and still got the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if it cuts out if you pull in the clutch but don't shift it?

What about shifting without de-clutching?
Good question, haven't tried clutch less or just pulling the clutch. But I'm pretty sure that the it cuts when releasing the clutch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perhaps it's a TCS thing. It's to cold outside now to confirm that 🙂 maybe next season I should turn TCS off and see if it still cuts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts