Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I too have a Mavic (1st generation). So easy to operate. Been planning to do some shots of the Supersport while in motion. Will be completely different from your shots. So much more red! Might get around to do it next week.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next, get some shots while riding it.
I did test out the active track (intelligent flight mode) it works ok but still not ideal. it defiantly needs to be maned or it will crash into something or loose you. I will post the video below

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I did test out the active track (intelligent flight mode) it works ok but still not ideal. it defiantly needs to be maned or it will crash into something or loose you. I will post the video below
I wasn't thinking about riding the bike and controlling the drone at the same time. More like two people.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
DaVinci gives also easy to manage play with the colors of the video : ) You can try that as well. Plus it's good to find somewhere (my todo list) how to code the video for youtube... I'm pretty sure your raw recordings looks better than on YT. It's problem with the platform all the time but once you get the correct bitrate and some other parameters your vids (and mine too - I 2 years plan to finally use mine drone Spark) will look like you designed them. Good luck with furhter shots and don't lose your drone. My colleague lost his Spark just because he was flying far away and it 'decided' to search self-conciousness in deep forest :D

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't thinking about riding the bike and controlling the drone at the same time. More like two people.
I am planning on doing some filming of the guys carving the Twisties I have found a good twisty spot with the left hand side totally clear from trees. this will be good to let the drone go at full speed to keep up with the bikes and I can cut across if I need to shorten the distance if needed, that is in the future some time. In my mind it will come out good

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Rhino That Active Track is a really cool feature, and seems like it works well!
yeah it is amazing what can be done these days. It does work but not reliable :frown2: you cant go fast or it will lose you and if you put it into sport mode it will track you at 76kmph :grin2: but it has no crash avoidance :surprise: on one run it was following me and as I turned around the roundabout it slowed saw a sparrow or something and shot off in the other direction.:laugh: I was thinking WTF and had to rush to where I left my controller on the ground and try and fly it back by Map as it was out off site. Not the sort of thing you want to be thinking about while riding your Ducati :laugh:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how do you like davinci resolve?

I'm testing video editors to work with Teachable.com to start selling/promotoing the regulatory trainings my company provides to clients. so far Camtasia has been my favorite but DaVinci is on the list to try next.
Its Great I think its the best out there. I have been using it an Hour almost every night cutting off little chunks and digesting bits of the huge pie that is DaVinci Resolve. I am using 16 the latest and it can do every thing. If you can get your head around using Nodes its easy to do the simple stuff. There is a huge amount of technical sh1t to learn and remember …….. REMEMBER is my problem:laugh: I learn and do a Speed Ramp Clip which saves me 2hours on doing it my old way and save it and label it Speedramp Test on my computer so I can remember how I did it and when I look back at it a few days later I Say … How the **** did I do that ? :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,612 Posts
how do you like davinci resolve?

I'm testing video editors to work with Teachable.com to start selling/promotoing the regulatory trainings my company provides to clients. so far Camtasia has been my favorite but DaVinci is on the list to try next.
When I was working Final Cut Pro was the editing tool I used on a daily basis but now that I'm retired I no longer have access to high end video equipment and editing packages. I've been using Davinci for a year or so for some small projects and have really come to like it. The interface is a little different to what I was used to but was easily picked up. I find the software easy to use and it produces good results and best of all it's free.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,612 Posts
Nah. I used to work as TV and video tech in an art college that was part of Dundee university but I never got involved with it outside my work. I put together some footage from the Belgian Classic TT at Gedinne from 2017 but I seem to have lost the final edit and can't be arsed doing it again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts