1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful bike! Do you have an extended hugger on it? I got caught on a wet road a few days ago and I was shocked at how worthless the factory hugger is. Was looking at both carbon fiber and pyramid and Puig extensions. Do you have one of those? If so does it work? Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
No just the standard hugger. Having ridden in some pretty awful weather recently I can confirm that the standard hugger is pants.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Beautiful bike! Do you have an extended hugger on it? I got caught on a wet road a few days ago and I was shocked at how worthless the factory hugger is. Was looking at both carbon fiber and pyramid and Puig extensions. Do you have one of those? If so does it work? Thanks
No had an extended hugger on the Supersport but have on previous bikes. They reduce the amount of road spray you get on your back, but don't eliminate it.

Now if you like extended huggers and carbon fibre - available in matt or gloss. Gives you an excuse to get more carbon fibre goodness :)

·
Super Moderator
7,604 Posts
Here’s an interesting solution @Rhino developed instead of a rear hugger.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That carbon hugger from Limburger looks great but it’s pretty expensive. I may ultimately get something like that That bikini mudguards looks pretty functional but I’m not talented like Rhino and couldn’t make it myself I may get he Puig extension for now. Thanks for the options

·
Registered
Supersport S 2020
9 Posts
No had an extended hugger on the Supersport but have on previous bikes. They reduce the amount of road spray you get on your back, but don't eliminate it.

Now if you like extended huggers and carbon fibre - available in matt or gloss. Gives you an excuse to get more carbon fibre goodness :)

I will echo this ^ While not as complete @Rhino 's solution it does add quite a bit of splash protection with cool factor bonus effect :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'd like a Rhino cover and roll it in the tank bag. Pull it out in the rain. It's a great idea. I need to figure one out for my bike (maybe an old innertube?).

The stock hugger is NO GOOD in any kind of mud and gravel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called Moto Composites and asked if they have an extended carbon hugger. He said no there’s is made like the stock part. I told him to make an extended one and he could sell a lot because the stock one is garbage. He said he would pass it on. Thes guys make nice looking carbon parts that are less than half of the Limburger price. Call them and ask for an extended one maybe if enough of us do it they will make it. 450-659-1659.

Rhino could start a side business making the cover he invented

·
Registered
164 Posts
They might be cheaper because it's not pure carbon both sides. Most cheaper carbon fiber parts are glass fiber reinforced. I have the illemberger extended and I don't know if it made any difference because it doesn't stop much of anything either. The best you can do is keeping the stock fender and you already paid for it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Lopez. I ordered a Puig hugger extension from Revzilla. Will se how it works. Funny that Ducati puts a nice big hugger on the V2 but not the Supersport

1 - 14 of 14 Posts