Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Bikes imported into Brazil attract 100% tax/duty.
Ducati has 5% of the market, BMW 20% according to Ducati rep there.
Still, 5% of a market is enough to maintain a multi-million dollar plant with employees and their benefits, etc? That 5% must be big numbers. Any idea how many motorcycles the Brazilian market as a whole produces?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Still, 5% of a market is enough to maintain a multi-million dollar plant with employees and their benefits, etc? That 5% must be big numbers. Any idea how many motorcycles the Brazilian market as a whole produces?

Don't have that info.

·
Registered
299 Posts
MCNews Australia just posted Aus sales number for the none months of 2017. The Supersport sold 129 units - which isn't bad considering it didn't go on sale until late May. It's hard to read a value into that as there is usually pent-up demand for a new bike, but as the Panigale 959 sold 199 units and the 1299 sold 107, it looks like the Supersport is selling in roughly equivalent numbers to all Panigale models combined. I wish I had 2016 numbers to see if the Supersport is generating new customers for Ducati or cannibalising Panigale sales.

Motorcycle Sales Figures 2017 | Road By Model | MCNews.com.au

The really interesting number in the Sportsbike category (where the Supersport appears) is: If you take out the Honda CBR500R and CBR300R which I would argue aren't in the same category, then the number #1 selling mid/large capacity sportsbike would be the Supersport, once it finally went on sale. This in a market segment that is down 15% compared to last year. At least in Aus, Ducati have nailed it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
In the VIN, the two letters preceeding the (B or T, Bologna or Thailand) are supposed to be the model year.

Mine is 3J.

What does it mean?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Reading an article about the latest Ducati recall I discovered that 7200 SuperSport were produced from July 2016 to May 2017

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Reading an article about the latest Ducati recall I discovered that 7200 SuperSport were produced from July 2016 to May 2017
Oh, very interesting.

The total of 7200, especially since the number the recall applies has been publicized as a much smaller number, like 1500 or so...

But wait, produced in July 2016, how is that possible?

Is the source in the article reliable?

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Oh, very interesting.

The total of 7200, especially since the number the recall applies has been publicized as a much smaller number, like 1500 or so...

But wait, produced in July 2016, how is that possible?

Is the source in the article reliable?
They have to build stock before pushing to the market. My VIN is 5xx so it will have been in there but I have rerouted mine when removing the EVAP.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
They have to build stock before pushing to the market. My VIN is 5xx so it will have been in there but I have rerouted mine when removing the EVAP.
Yes, but it just seemed so early. But Dany confirmed the source, also, so I guess it’s accurate. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Does anyone know the final production number of the 939? Or how to find out?

Reactions: LowRyter

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
This is the latest we have from @Dany65 dated back to 2019.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is the latest we have from @Dany65 dated back to 2019.
Ed you really are a super moderator. Thanks for this, and all you do.

Reactions: Miweber929 and Ed K

·
Registered
892 Posts
@Boe Any particular reason you want to know the figures or just curious?

·
Registered
208 Posts
@Boe Any particular reason you want to know the figures or just curious?
Just curious, Trip. I so rarely see our bike around, it feels unique and a bit special. So I wanted to get some feel for whether production really was lower than other Ducati models. Seems it was.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
892 Posts
In my 3 years of ownership, I have only seen one other Superpsort on the road and that was when I met Mr Ex (forum member) when I put my bike in for Service. The Dealer gave me a demo Street Triple RS whilst my was being serviced, so Mr Ex and myself went for a ride out for an hour or so.

Reactions: Boe

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Today for the first time while I was taking a walk in a park to meet friends I saw someone ELSE with our bike 😁 I was so much in shock that I don't remember if it was new or 939 haha... in red definitely :D Actually good - makes me special in town 😎 And I thought: "achaa so this is how I sound and look uuu". Now I have to try to find the person and meet.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts