Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well just picked my bike up after getting back on leave and had a good test with the new DQS module ,and perfect from 2 to 6 up and down,hard and fast ,also neutral easier to find.
They also updated the fueling program so they told me.
They also put my aftermarket pegs back on for me.

So Ducati do recognise a fault is presant with some if not all DQS modules, just that if it happens then they will change it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Well just picked my bike up after getting back on leave and had a good test with the new DQS module ,and perfect from 2 to 6 up and down,hard and fast ,also neutral easier to find.
They also updated the fueling program so they told me.
They also put my aftermarket pegs back on for me.

So Ducati do recognise a fault is presant with some if not all DQS modules, just that if it happens then they will change it.
Yip after I had mine replaced it worked perfectly, better than it ever had even before the problem started. Makes me think that the original was always faulty even before it faulted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is now about 900 miles old and had its first service a week ago. My main issue with the DQS has always been shifting down from 6th to 5th where I get a false neutral. Its happened about 6-7 times and has occurred both before and after the 600 mile service.
Also, now I am opening it up a little more revs wise, I have also noticed that under acceleration at higher revs the DQS seems to pulse twice when going from 4th to 5th - as opposed to the one pulse you get as it changes up between the other gears.
So it seems like 5th gear is my bikes' achilles heel.
Its a bit frustrating as the DQS was one of the main appeals of the bike for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting quickshifter installed next week dealer charging $200 seems high to me but looking forward to trying it out never had one before

·
Registered
922 Posts
Love mine. Hard to ride a bike without it now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mine is now about 900 miles old and had its first service a week ago. My main issue with the DQS has always been shifting down from 6th to 5th where I get a false neutral. Its happened about 6-7 times and has occurred both before and after the 600 mile service.
Also, now I am opening it up a little more revs wise, I have also noticed that under acceleration at higher revs the DQS seems to pulse twice when going from 4th to 5th - as opposed to the one pulse you get as it changes up between the other gears.
So it seems like 5th gear is my bikes' achilles heel.
Its a bit frustrating as the DQS was one of the main appeals of the bike for me.
It’s exactly the same for me, especially when pushing. The 4th to 5th can be overcome by just changing gears with proper force. With some practice to lever pressure, it now only rarely happens on upshifts.

However, I also have frequent false neutrals when downshifting from third to 2nd, or rather, it ends up in the actual neutral gear, and sometimes from 6th to 5th. For this, I haven’t found a good solution as it can happen both when downshifting gently and forcefully. I will probably install the FactoryPro shift kit (shift arm and return spring) for the 749R as it supposedly fits, but it requires a substantial investment in tools as one needs to remove both clutch hub and flywheel, as well as draining the coolant.

·
Registered
477 Posts
After trying to adjust the lever position down to exert greater force on upshifts, my QS shifts are now often quite rough. Possibly I’ve messed up the number of turns on the QS arm. Would really appreciate if anyone with a smooth working QS can measure the distance of the gap between the fixed part and the part which attaches to the shift lever?

(Apologies for the poor pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
9-10 mm on mine.
The gap on my QS was actually in this range (9,5 mm) but I found the set screw had come loose so the entire arm was a bit wiggly. I did tighten it one turn though, so it’s around 8,5 mm, and I also reset the shifter arm on the gearbox shaft, bringing the lever up a bit again (before I had it down to get more force on upshifts but I felt it interfered with my foot movement). The ball joints seemed to move really smooth but I greased them with some PTFE grease, just in case. After these adjustments, my shifts are really smooth again, and had no false neutrals on upshift 4th>5th on the short ride I took afterwards but I was also very mindful of the upshifts. Not sure if it was coincidence but it was also much easier to find neutral.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The gap on my QS was actually in this range (9,5 mm) but I found the set screw had come loose so the entire arm was a bit wiggly. I did tighten it one turn though, so it’s around 8,5 mm, and I also reset the shifter arm on the gearbox shaft, bringing the lever up a bit again (before I had it down to get more force on upshifts but I felt it interfered with my foot movement). The ball joints seemed to move really smooth but I greased them with some PTFE grease, just in case. After these adjustments, my shifts are really smooth again, and had no false neutrals on upshift 4th>5th on the short ride I took afterwards but I was also very mindful of the upshifts. Not sure if it was coincidence but it was also much easier to find neutral.
I don't think it's the measurements, it's more likely to be the position of the peg in relation to your foot. When you get it set so you're not being a contortionist to change up or down neutral is easier to find.

As for the smoothness, I'm guessing retightening the lock screw so the shaft doesn't wobble would be a big difference...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just chiming in to cheekily declare that my DQS works perfectly. (I did drop the gear lever down a smidgeon at new). I use the clutch a bit from 1st to 2nd, but that's only because I'm not going hard enough. Love this bike.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't think it's the measurements, it's more likely to be the position of the peg in relation to your foot. When you get it set so you're not being a contortionist to change up or down neutral is easier to find.

As for the smoothness, I'm guessing retightening the lock screw so the shaft doesn't wobble would be a big difference...
Yep, totally agree on both accounts. We’ll se whether I’ve changed my gear shifting enough to not have false neutrals between 4th and 5th anymore. Before it was quite bad.

Seems the key is forceful on upshifts and down from 6th to 5th, but really smooth and gentle on downshifts from 3rd to 2nd.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
I find my gear lever quite comfy where it is but I'm also getting occasional false neutrals when changing up 4th to 5th, usually when giving it the beans. So I'm also thinking of dropping the lever a tad.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
False neutrals are defiantly related to getting the lever adjusted to the ideal position. I adjusted mine when I first got the bike and then again when I got a new replacement one after the 1st died. I have Noticed that when I’m riding in my regular boots all is fine and I don’t get any false neutrals but when I use my race boots I do. I will probably have to fine tune it a bit more

·
Administrator
7,987 Posts
I find my gear lever quite comfy where it is but I'm also getting occasional false neutrals when changing up 4th to 5th, usually when giving it the beans. So I'm also thinking of dropping the lever a tad.
Is this also when using the DQS, or manual shifting (or both)?

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
When using the DQS. I've never really done manual changes since fitting the QS but I did have the occasional missed shift previously too. I can't remember whether it was also 4th to 5th, but probably.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with the other never use it in lower gears. Other than that it's one of my favorite things. Oh and throttle control is your friend.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts