Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

R&G frame sliders

8606 Views 21 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Dino de Laurentiis
Ok, so I bought the R&G 'no drill' frame sliders about three months ago and they have just arrived. I planned on providing some unboxing and assembly photos. The only problem is, when I went to pre-assemble them I realized that they have packed two left hand side mounting plates instead of one left and one right. Also I appear to be short four flat caps as specified in the parts list. So I guess I won't be fitting them this weekend. Here's what it looks like anyway. You can see the mounting plates are identical.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
I am intrested in seeing it fitted, I will probably get a set.
Reactions: 1
I've also been waiting for some one to buy and fit.. photos on internet that I've seen don't answer my questions . In photos I wonder if the non cut frame sliders are maybe located to high.... and maybe the cut/drill sliders may be better positioned... (this is just my questions to myself when looking at the photos as they look located in different positions ) really excited to see your photos.. and hearing your thoughts...
I've also been waiting for some one to buy and fit.. photos on internet that I've seen don't answer my questions . In photos I wonder if the non cut frame sliders are maybe located to high.... and maybe the cut/drill sliders may be better positioned... (this is just my questions to myself when looking at the photos as they look located in different positions ) really excited to see your photos.. and hearing your thoughts...
Yeah, I had the same concerns, U mean, if the 'no drill' sliders work, why have the drill version, right? I haven't fitted them, for obvious reasons, but holding them up agai st the frame it looks like they should offer good protection. Just waitiong for the correct parts....
Reactions: 2
Wow, the typos in that last post!

More wine required.
Reactions: 4
I like them. Like everyone else, I'm interested in their fit...once the proper parts are in. Keep us posted.
Replacement parts have arrived

R&G were really fast in getting the correct parts out to me, I'll see if I can fit them this weekend.
Reactions: 3
R&G were really fast in getting the correct parts out to me, I'll see if I can fit them this weekend.
Waiting for some decent pics between fairing and frame
Where are the photos of the finished install
Did you get a chance to fit them ? :nerd:
We are going to receive our first stock for these in the USA in about a weeks time. We are going to offer forum members a discount on them.
looking for some feedback. Has anyone installed the cleaner "cut" version.
Right, I finally found some time out from house renovation to fit the frame sliders. Here are some pics

Attachments

See less See more
Right, I finally found some time out from house renovation to fit the frame sliders. Here are some pics
Looks good!
does this clamp onto the frame?
Yep. Two camps either side.
Only thing that concerns me, is the thought they save a fairing but wreck the frame with the impact
Only thing that concerns me, is the thought they save a fairing but wreck the frame with the impact
thats what i would be worried about too. all the frame sliders i have had bolted into preexisting locations on the frame, but this is also my first bike with a trellis frame. is clamp on frame sliders standard on trellis framed bikes?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.