Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I bought the R&G 'no drill' frame sliders about three months ago and they have just arrived. I planned on providing some unboxing and assembly photos. The only problem is, when I went to pre-assemble them I realized that they have packed two left hand side mounting plates instead of one left and one right. Also I appear to be short four flat caps as specified in the parts list. So I guess I won't be fitting them this weekend. Here's what it looks like anyway. You can see the mounting plates are identical.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've also been waiting for some one to buy and fit.. photos on internet that I've seen don't answer my questions . In photos I wonder if the non cut frame sliders are maybe located to high.... and maybe the cut/drill sliders may be better positioned... (this is just my questions to myself when looking at the photos as they look located in different positions ) really excited to see your photos.. and hearing your thoughts...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've also been waiting for some one to buy and fit.. photos on internet that I've seen don't answer my questions . In photos I wonder if the non cut frame sliders are maybe located to high.... and maybe the cut/drill sliders may be better positioned... (this is just my questions to myself when looking at the photos as they look located in different positions ) really excited to see your photos.. and hearing your thoughts...
Yeah, I had the same concerns, U mean, if the 'no drill' sliders work, why have the drill version, right? I haven't fitted them, for obvious reasons, but holding them up agai st the frame it looks like they should offer good protection. Just waitiong for the correct parts....

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I like them. Like everyone else, I'm interested in their fit...once the proper parts are in. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Only thing that concerns me, is the thought they save a fairing but wreck the frame with the impact
thats what i would be worried about too. all the frame sliders i have had bolted into preexisting locations on the frame, but this is also my first bike with a trellis frame. is clamp on frame sliders standard on trellis framed bikes?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts