Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have advice as to whether it's worthwhile fitting a radiator guard, not from an aesthetic perspective but from a protective perspective?

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
it's always worth fitting a radiator guard, you never know what's going to get thrown at it. A radiator for a 1098 is something like £800. I'd expect a Supersport one to cost much the same.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's always worth fitting a radiator guard, you never know what's going to get thrown at it. A radiator for a 1098 is something like £800. I'd expect a Supersport one to cost much the same.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
Bloody pricey though :eek:

Reactions: Chuck-Duc

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I'd like to see the OEM fitted on an SS...from one of our members (I don't know of anyone who has added one yet). I was contemplating it, but thought better of it...for now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Evotech also make one but they are out of stock at present. Maybe look at the Ducati guard. Is the oil cooler guard necessary?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has anyone fitted their own radiator guard yet? Looks like the fairings have to come off to fit it. I'm just deciding whether to fit my Evotech guard myself or let the shop do it at the first service.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have the ducati one that the dealer put on when i got the bike. It didnt come with the oil cooler guard though, which is annoying since its even lower on the bike. But the fairing seems to have guards on it anyway

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone fitted their own radiator guard yet? Looks like the fairings have to come off to fit it. I'm just deciding whether to fit my Evotech guard myself or let the shop do it at the first service.
The fairing needs to be removed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the ducati one that the dealer put on when i got the bike. It didnt come with the oil cooler guard though, which is annoying since its even lower on the bike. But the fairing seems to have guards on it anyway

The oil cooler seems to have enough of a protective grille in front of it as standard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts