Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Supersport people :)

Anyone else got rattle from mirrors? Riding in second or third gear, low rpms, 1000-1500-2000, coming to a stop, or in heavy traffic. I get a loud rattle, like a small bowl of metal with screws in it, shaking, ha ha. It actually comes from the mirrors. If I tap them(slightly)hard! I can recreate the rattle, its loud too, hear it clearly through helmet, earplugs and engine music.

Its not a big deal, will talk to the dealer at next ocasion. Anyone got the same, any fix? please let me know :)

Regards
Bjørnar
Norway.

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I hear a metallic rattle as you but I don't know from where... In front but not from mirrors
If the dealer can't diagnose the problem you could start removing parts, one at a time until you find the culprit. I know this would be a total pain in the a$$, but maybe worth it for peace of mind. I've been known to do this before, myself. Sadly, my OCD sometimes gets the better of me.

· Registered
4,480 Posts
There are single rubber mounted bolts to the both top sides of the headlight chassis under the front fairing, I found the the left one was loose from the factory, later discovered the thread was stripped. Stills needs replacing.

· Administrator
10,639 Posts
There are single rubber mounted bolts to the both top sides of the headlight chassis under the front fairing, I found the the left one was loose from the factory, later discovered the thread was stripped. Stills needs replacing.
Interesting...is it visible enough for a pic without much disassembly or too much inconvenience?

· Registered
349 Posts
One data point does not establish a trend.

There are several Tinnerman type nuts in that area, any of which could be loose or otherwise causing a rattle. Only one way to determine the rattle origin.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.