Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Is there any way to read bike's performance information while on the move?

To clarify, i'd be interested in the following parameters:
  • speed
  • rpms
  • throttle input (%)
  • brake input (%)
  • lean angle (nice to have)
I know the SS has a USB port that can be used for diagnostic purposes, but I have no idea where to start and I can't seem to find a thread specifically on this.

For context, i'm back from my first track day and for the next one I'd like to have more data on my rides, to compare laps etc.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
If you use the Lonelec cable and an ELM327 you can send data to your mobile phone. Apps like DashCmd have customisable displays so you can show readings you select.

I doubt that you can get lean angle, I don't think the bike has a sensor for that. You can, however, use a third party app like Diablo Super Biker.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you use the Lonelec cable and an ELM327 you can send data to your mobile phone. Apps like DashCmd have customisable displays so you can show readings you select.

I doubt that you can get lean angle, I don't think the bike has a sensor for that. You can, however, use a third party app like Diablo Super Biker.
I'm quite new to the world. What Lonelec cable are you referring to? I see there are a few but nothing specific to this particular bike.
Also, does this cable connect to the USB port?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I'm quite new to the world. What Lonelec cable are you referring to? I see there are a few but nothing specific to this particular bike.
Also, does this cable connect to the USB port?
Engine Light (MIL, EML, etc)

If you use the advanced search feature (click the three vertical dots at the top right of the forum window) you can find the previous discussion on the forum. It helps prevent multiple threads with the same information...

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
USB cable is not used for obtaninig data from the ECU. Please search about above mentioned keywords so you can get more knowledge. Definitely no lean angle out of the... fairings ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine Light (MIL, EML, etc)

If you use the advanced search feature (click the three vertical dots at the top right of the forum window) you can find the previous discussion on the forum. It helps prevent multiple threads with the same information...
Thanks! I'll read it again.
I did see the thread you linked, but I thought it was different from my use case. I'm not trying to read any fault code here, I'm trying to read data while the vehicle is on the move and didn't connect those two were related :)

I'd also need a very small device that can fit under the seat while the vehicle is on the move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts