Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
@Yves46 I just had the rear brake bled for the same reason. The bike still has the stock exhaust, cat included, and the service guy also said it's the brake fluid heating up too much. They apparently bleed the ducati brakes every 12 months for this reason. I mentioned the TSB but seems it's not available here. In any case, the rear brake is excellent now, after being bled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a note on the rear brake issues. Check with your dealership about a recall.

My story ended when I attempted to have a dealership do this exact recall on my 2018 Ducati SuperSport S. The dealership attempted to do the recall but found that "someone" had overtightened the ABS banjo bolt for the abs to get it to stop leaking or after the several complaints I made concerning the rear brake. I also complained about what appeared to be an oil leak and now discovered that it was brake fluid. The dealership quoted me $3000 to replace the unit (part cost). I called the first dealership and no traction there. Called back the second dealership and asked about warranty since I have a platinum warranty. NOPE. Not a warranty issue. Called Ducati NA. After a month of deliberation, they sided with the dealership in saying its a customer cost repair.

They still haven't gotten back to me about a service manual. I don't expect they will.
I am the warranty now.
Purchased a new/used ABS unit on Ebay for $120 off a 2020 Duc SS (RIP) with 3200 miles on it.
Hopefully installing it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
$3,000.00 for ABS unit? Heck that's approx 18% of cost of the whole bike - and this was from overtightening of a banjo bolt ?

·
Administrator
7,987 Posts
You guys might have noticed more about recalls, brakes, other, here…

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
525 Posts
My 2018 SSS is scheduled to get rear brake recall done on Sept. 20th. I hope they do not have any issues like Prime8 had...

Reactions: Prime8evolved

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
My rear Brake is still holding up with melted ABS cable and warped rear disk from the last time it over heated and locked up. No recall this end i will fix it myself at some stage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
$3,000.00 for ABS unit? Heck that's approx 18% of cost of the whole bike - and this was from overtightening of a banjo bolt ?
Yeah. Some technician at the first dealership decided to take the 1/2" ratchet out and try to get rid of that leak. At least that is what I imagine happened.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts