• WHITE

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you buy, or which do you think is the best colour for the Supersport S

·
Registered
524 Posts
Which would you buy, or which do you think is the best colour for the Supersport S
Each person will have their own bias in this matter. If the White finish is matte it will be more difficult to take care of over the long term, however.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven't decided on color yet. My Ducs have always been red. Thinking of a change though. If it came in black with a red trellis frame I'd be all over that.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked the Ducati sales man at Ducati Coventry which colour he thought the best.
He said the White one. The reason being that the silk finish shows shadow detail, which emphasises the lines and shape which the gloss red soesnt show.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is matte, just like the Monster black. So less scratches but not an easy wipe down.
Silk is not a true matte finish. It's close, but isn't quite matte as it reflects a bit more light. Don't get me wrong, they're commonly referred to as the same thing, but when you really get down to it, they have their differences.

·
Registered
155 Posts
.... Matte or almost matte or silk, the white is dope and that's what I'll be aiming for as well. Really don't care what it's classified as haha.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Someone I know that owned a few Ducati's claimed white is the safe haven for Duc's. Before he used to own red Ducati's and would have problems with suspicious people showing up and one time it got stolen. Along with other guys he knows with Red Duc's. Everyone he knows with a white duc hasn't had a problem!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Someone I know that owned a few Ducati's claimed white is the safe haven for Duc's. Before he used to own red Ducati's and would have problems with suspicious people showing up and one time it got stolen. Along with other guys he knows with Red Duc's. Everyone he knows with a white duc hasn't had a problem!
The last thing that would affect my color decision? Which one is stolen more often.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm wondering about a tracker. Does any one have any experience with them?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I reckon whatever color I get (probably white) the first thing I'd do is get it vinyl rapped to protect it from stone chips.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm getting mine fitted with the chip protection material.
Has anyone had experience with these products and found one brand better than others? 3M's stuff seems to be the 'premium' brand promoted around my neck of the woods. But I've no idea if is is superior or just has the most recognized brand.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've read a few 3M reviews and people are saying that it's not as good as Xpel. There's also Suntek too. Heard that was good and has a better self healing top coat.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Has anyone had experience with these products and found one brand better than others? 3M's stuff seems to be the 'premium' brand promoted around my neck of the woods. But I've no idea if is is superior or just has the most recognized brand.
The 3M material works fine as long as the surfaces are not convex so the tape won't stretch and adhere. The other issue is that a line of dirt will collect at the tape edge, which is very visible on light colored paints (like matte white).
A better answer is to paint the exposed areas with a protective clear coat like Armor Coat, but that is much more difficult and expensive.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i heard that regardless of how the body is shaped you can still get it to stick on just as good as a flat surface, it just takes the right preparation and application of course. Seen a lot of wrap videos where jobs on areas like that were done. Another reason why i'll take it to a pro.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This seems to be a trend with me, take preventative measures to make sure nothing ever scratches the new paint job. After the first scratch, no cares are given to the following ones.

A wrap seems to be the best option for me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts