Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I've test ridden twice. Really like the SSS. I've read most of this forum, including "Ducati Supersport 939 Issues, Problems And Complaints".

I know no bike is perfect. Really keen on this one, but I have other bikes in my garage so don't want to rush in before I've answered all my questions.

So, anybody have any regrets post-purchase, besides what's written elsewhere in this forum?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
None for me. I've had 12 bikes over the years and this bike is quickly becoming my favorite ever! Seriously, I love this bike! And it's not just the "honeymoon" phase. I'm really digging practically everything about it. Any issue I might have is simply a small niggle and just splitting hairs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have owned many bikes over the years and have a large collection of BMW, Indians, Moto Guzzi and triumphs. The Duck is just gorgeous and does not need as much help has many of my other first run bikes. I live in the country so the mirror issue is not that big. The exhaust is the only thing I would like to change. The performance is adequate, the handling is outstanding and it has supermodel looks. Not to mention a single sided swingarm and a quickshifter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I think I've heard enough.

I've just sent an email to a dealer for a quote, including some options/accessories.

On the Ducati site it details Urban and Sport accessory packs. I thought I had read somewhere that there is a Touring pack? Anybody know anything about this?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok. I've test ridden twice. Really like the SSS. I've read most of this forum, including "Ducati Supersport 939 Issues, Problems And Complaints".

I know no bike is perfect. Really keen on this one, but I have other bikes in my garage so don't want to rush in before I've answered all my questions.

So, anybody have any regrets post-purchase, besides what's written elsewhere in this forum?

Thanks guys.
Regrets? NONE. "This stock bike is perfect, it needs no modifications." said no one ever. We will always modify our bikes, each to his/her own liking.

se7en said what we are all thinking, "this bike is quickly becoming my favorite ever!"

Get it, get it now!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Of all the motorcycles that I possessed, SS is with the kawasaki 250 Kr1-S, the one that I prefer. No regret to have bought it, no made modification and I have not at all the need. I bought it because I liked she such as she was, I am not going to begin to change pièce. I left the community of the Japanese motorcycles because I was fed up of these "kéké" which, hardly the motorcycle at their home, changed pièce for others of bottom of the range (ali-express etc. ...). I just hope that these "motorcyclists of Sunday" will never think of buying Ducati.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Thanks guys.
Seriously, you will not regret buying this bike. As I've previously said on this forum, I've had many motorcycles including many other Ducati models, and a Panigale 899 which I actually sold to buy this bike : "THIS IS THE BEST BLOODY DUCATI EVER BUILT FOR THE EVERYDAY RIDER!!" Is it a race bike? - No, but it has more than enough power to suit any rider who is remotely interested in riding safely in traffic. Is it a touring armchair? - No, but it is comfortable enough to ride for medium to longer periods depending on your physical fitness and age. Does it have faults? - None to speak of, even the mirrors aren't really a problem despite a number of people banging on about them. Yes they vibrate, but you can still see that there is traffic behind you and that's all you NEED to see!! You don't need to have a mirror so steady and clear it enables you to read the plates of the vehicle behind you - you simply need to see that it's there and it's proximity to you! THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE ALL ROUNDER AND IT IS TRULY AN ITALIAN SUPERMODEL :smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok. I think I've heard enough.

I've just sent an email to a dealer for a quote, including some options/accessories.

On the Ducati site it details Urban and Sport accessory packs. I thought I had read somewhere that there is a Touring pack? Anybody know anything about this?
Yes, the Touring pack has the panniers and I can't remember what else (heated grips?). Anyways, it's still not available (I checked Ducati's Accessory page last night). Ducati SuperSpor

·
Registered
885 Posts
...even the mirrors aren't really a problem despite a number of people banging on about them. ... You don't need to have a mirror so steady and clear it enables you to read the plates of the vehicle behind you - you simply need to see that it's there and it's proximity to you!
I think your mirrors vibrate differently than mine. I can, literally, use a ruler to measure how much deflection there is in the mirrors vibrating. It's at 3/4" at it's worst, and that worst happens in 6th gear at 60 MPH - right where I cruise on the highway and need the clearest image of traffic around me. That's not "buzzy," that's shaking violently. There is also the issue of Sachs rear shock bump stops melting from exhaust heat. I think these bikes are still new enough that we haven't seen it all shake out yet.

Those two things aside, everything that's been written about this bike is true. Very comfortable bike with really excellent mid-range torque for squirting out of traffic, usable power range for the street/road, and handles like a dream. No need for rearset pegs, or steering dampers, or high mount exhausts. None of it really needs an upgrade, everything works well out of the box.

Farkles will abound because farkles are all that owners will be needing to buy.

I don't regret buying this bike for a single second, and I'm the type of guy who gets buyers remorse over a block of cheddar.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Like the others, I have had many bikes and this one is at the top of my list. If you watch many of the you tubers that review the bike, many of them start the ride not expecting much and then it just hits them....Boom and they love it!
The way I see it, the bike will only get better as the aftermarket acknowledges the success of the SS and begins to make products for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think your mirrors vibrate differently than mine. I can, literally, use a ruler to measure how much deflection there is in the mirrors vibrating. It's at 3/4" at it's worst, and that worst happens in 6th gear at 60 MPH - right where I cruise on the highway and need the clearest image of traffic around me. That's not "buzzy," that's shaking violently.

Wow!
Not at all like my mirrors......mine just buzz a bit at freeway speeds. I can see the vehicles behind me & if concerned if it has blue lights on the roof, I pull the clutch in for a moment to get a crystal clear view!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Butt hole Surfers Said "Its better to regret something that you did than something that you didn't do".
Never expected sage words of wisdom to come from a group called butt hole surfers.

As for regrets, my only regret with this bike is not living somewhere I can ride it all year 'round.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No regrets at all so far. This is the best bike I've owned and I've owned quite a few. It handles great, there's plenty of power, good technology, and it looks amazing. It is a great all around bike, which is what I was looking for. I think this bike's balanced stance, single sided swing arm and exposed trellis frame make it look better than the Panigale 959. I love it so far. Ducati nailed it with this bike. Yeah, the mirrors are buzzy, mostly at highway speed and there is some excess heat by the exhaust near my right foot which a heat shield should resolve. But I would buy it again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree with the general tone of the thread. This bike isn't perfect of course, but as the sum of it's parts (it's performance perspective, it's comfort level, the styling) makes it hands down my favorite motorcycle I've owned over my decades of bike ownership. It isn't individually the fastest motorcycle on the market, the most comfortable, the most economical, the most so-reliable-you-let-your-mind-wander, and for any of those one objectives you can buy a better individually targeted bike, but there's nothing I've been on that combines them all better and does so while looking so absolutely sexy. I've never had more non-riders compliment me on my bike as I've had with the SS. This is a bike that I don't plan to sell this bike in the future, which is what I've always done (sell and replace). It's going to be with me for the duration. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think your mirrors vibrate differently than mine. I can, literally, use a ruler to measure how much deflection there is in the mirrors vibrating. It's at 3/4" at it's worst, and that worst happens in 6th gear at 60 MPH - right where I cruise on the highway and need the clearest image of traffic around me. That's not "buzzy," that's shaking violently. There is also the issue of Sachs rear shock bump stops melting from exhaust heat. I think these bikes are still new enough that we haven't seen it all shake out yet.

Those two things aside, everything that's been written about this bike is true. Very comfortable bike with really excellent mid-range torque for squirting out of traffic, usable power range for the street/road, and handles like a dream. No need for rearset pegs, or steering dampers, or high mount exhausts. None of it really needs an upgrade, everything works well out of the box.

Farkles will abound because farkles are all that owners will be needing to buy.

I don't regret buying this bike for a single second, and I'm the type of guy who gets buyers remorse over a block of cheddar.
That's certainly a lot of vibration you're getting. Mine are just the usual "buzzy"

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, I think people don't get it when some of us complain about vibrating mirrors. I remarked on it for my break-in service and the dealer was pretty non committal about it, though they did confirm it was happening they thought Ducati would do nothing about it and called it a quirk of the model.

I feel like I need to capture it on video and send it to Ducati NA.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts