Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like when the Supersport model was introduced that it just didn't become quite as popular given all the hype. Those of us on the board really love the bike.

Over the last few weeks, we have half a dozen new members on the board. When I was at my local dealer, they had at least 3 or 4 new bikes in stock. Yesterday, I went to the local Coffee and Cars and saw a group of maybe 20 sportbikes there. Counting my SS, there were 3 there, more than any other model of bikes, including GXSers and Ninjas. There were a couple of more Ducs there too but I am only counting the SS model. The two other guys with SS had purchased them at the local dealer. (I'd like to have posted a photo but my phone was glitched.)

I wonder if Ducati has turned the corner with Supersport and riders are just now recognizing our little bikes?

·
Registered
2020 SuperSport Ti
37 Posts
To be honest I never even heard about the SuperSport until I saw one at the local multibrand dealer. It was on display in the most prominent spot and that was why I saw it and fell in love with the looks. Maybe there are some new guidelines to put the SS in the spotlight this year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
In France, the SS isn't really popular. People find it nice but don't buy it.

Sport gt (vfr, z1000sx...) are not fashioned and people prefers to buy trail and we can find plenty of 1200gs, multistrada, africa twin... and then hypersport or roadster with a lot of japanese.
I talked recently with the DS owner and he told me that since the begining, the ss sales are far from the multistrada, monster, panigale or scrambler, even the diavel.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sport gt (vfr, z1000sx...) are not fashioned and people prefers to buy trail and we can find plenty of 1200gs, multistrada, africa twin... and then hypersport or roadster with a lot of japanese.
I talked recently with the DS owner and he told me that since the begining, the ss sales are far from the multistrada, monster, panigale or scrambler, even the diavel.
But we do have a few new members on the board in the last month.

·
Registered
2020 SuperSport Ti
37 Posts

It’s very similar here in Poland, most people choose trail/adventure bikes as they are more comfortable on the road. I was also looking for one until I saw an SS.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It’s very similar here in Poland, most people choose trail/adventure bikes as they are more comfortable on the road. I was also looking for one until I saw an SS.
While it may be interesting, it's absolutely useless for myself. Many take them for being fashionable, but no one is going to use it in off-road. It's the same for cars, SUV are fashionable and I have a clubman cooper s. 😅

But we do have a few new members on the board in the last month.
Of course.
There are so many people on french forums who talk about the SS that we have to looking for in foreign countries. 😂

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a new member, I can chime in here. I think Ducati needs to fix their marketing department, because I too wasn't aware of the Supersport when I was looking at bikes. I even went to the Ducati dealership and ended up getting the Monster 821, but no one ever mentioned the SS.

Does anyone know or have updates on the 2021 SS? I've settled on getting the SS, but was wondering if it could be worth to wait until the 2021 if there's any noticeable improvements (added cruise control, fixed mirrors, etc.?). It's crazy hot here and will only get hotter, so not in a rush to ride but not sure if I can hold off much longer.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Maybe they could improve sales by putting the V2 inside?
I think that would be a backwards step. One of the things most people like about the SuperSport is the wide torque band, a feature of the Tetastretta...

One would hope they fit a bigger version, such as the 1260 used in the Diavel, and tune it for sports riding...

·
Registered
800 Posts
I suspect the increase interest is from bikes filtering into the used market at more affordable pricing.

Seems like the going price for an earlier S version with Ohlins and DQS is coming in around $9k right now in my region. That makes it a lot more attractive compared to buying a brand new "competitor" bike at the same price.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts