Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week my clutch cable broke. After pushing my bike three miles home, I ordered a new cable. The cable arrived, I fitted it but the clutch will still not disengage. It probably means I have a more serious problem than I thought. The actuator doesn't feel quite like it's tight enough. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on whether there is an easy fix?

Either that or I'm going to have to wait for the end of lockdown for my dealer to open again.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
So it’s not frozen.

The lever at the bars and the lever at the other end at the engine are swinging the full range of motion when pulled...right?

It’s just that even though everything externally is moving, the clutch is not disengaging?

We’re there any other symptoms that gradually occurred before this happened?

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
There is an oil pressure adjustment for the clutch that rarely, but sometimes, needs adjustment usually for earlier model SS. Mine needed the adjustment and there were one or two other reported incidences of this on this Forum. It’s possible that could also be your issue.

Bikes built later had some additional checks done when setting clutch oil pressure for more consistent manufacture.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As Ed mentioned it could be that your clutch pressure screw has wound itself out.

Mine did this and was about to fall out before the dealer took it seriously but of course the dealer suggested that I had been tampering. Made the world of different when it was set correctly.

Matt

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
As Ed mentioned it could be that your clutch pressure screw has wound itself out.

Mine did this and was about to fall out before the dealer took it seriously but of course the dealer suggested that I had been tampering. Made the world of different when it was set correctly.

Matt
Thought you were tampering with it? Don't you have to pull the sprocket to do that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thought you were tampering with it? Don't you have to pull the sprocket to do that?
Nope, not me you are thinking of. It can't be adjusted without the correct tool which is like a pressure gauge with an adapter, as such I've never bothered to even look for it but instead just moan at the dealer until they took notice.

Matt

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is this one of those rare occurrences? I remember posts on this forum by other owners who swear by the cable clutch, as pretty reliable as heck (and preferred feel). IMO it was ok, but I made did the hydraulic clutch transition and it's been my favorite mod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts