Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed the foot pegs on the super sport? I was looking at the Rizoma tapered Pro pegs. I had them on my monster evo and like them better than stock. The adapters are bike specific and they don't have the SS. Anyone know what other model Ducati might work?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Okay, so i broke a peg off on the thursday after the saturday i bought the bike, taking it out of a hotel room(after i got ratted out by a housekeeper, and a call from the front desk telling me to GitTFO). was promised something by a guy wearing a ducati shirt on the island at laguna, but.....

Now i've been running my passenger peg on the left side of the bike since. About 3k miles. Anyway, i was looking at pegs, revzilla has this listed as fitting the new SS-S'ss'es'essss.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-racing-footpegs

sexy red of course.

needs mounting brackets though:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-rider-passenger-footpeg-mounts-ducati

Seems like a good thing to me. anybody have any experience?

edited to add the overall view:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-racing-footpegs

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
i like those eccentrics. yes, i do mean the peg mounts. im tall and have been thinking about altering my positioning. probably would be better just to do rearsets.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the new Monster 821 pegs on mine, they have a rubber insert and look very nice. I used the ones off the rear footrests off my wifes monster as neither of our bikes have rear footrests fitted.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i like those eccentrics. yes, i do mean the peg mounts. im tall and have been thinking about altering my positioning. probably would be better just to do rearsets.
I'm looking at the Ducabike Adjustable Rearsets down the road.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes Colin, they seem to be the same. I never had a problem with the originals, but they look a little agricultural, BMW GS style even. I changed them as they were sitting on my shelf.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the new Monster 821 pegs on mine, they have a rubber insert and look very nice. I used the ones off the rear footrests off my wifes monster as neither of our bikes have rear footrests fitted.
How does that work. i broke a peg off my bike and replaced it with the passenger one from the same side, but they have the clickstop, up or down, with no hole for the spring. Now, going over 80, if i take my foot off, they like to blow up, so when i put my foot back, there is no peg, that's why im getting new ones. did you just drill a hole for the spring to fit?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Never drilled anything the Monster rear ones have the hole for the spring to fit onto the SS front position. The ball and spring for the rear position just falls out of the footpeg into a little bag for future use.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
+1 for the DP foot pegs.

·
Registered
465 Posts
yea, i saved all the little parts for later use, probably need them in a few days, as i just ordered the puigs.

Edit: i wouldn't run those with the rubber, too slippery, i prefer a more......aggressive, interface.

·
Registered
465 Posts
yea, im probably overthinking the whole thing. i learned to ride offroad, so lots of bodyweight on the pegs, even when not standing. lowers the center of gravity where my weight goes.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bagged all the small bits too. Every bike that I have owned since 1975 has had rubber footpegs and never had a problem, each to their own.
Agreed - I always thought rubber footpegs would be slippery until owning several BMWs and totally proved be wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts