Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
There is running in guidance on page 73 of the 950 Owner Manual, but only up to the first 600 miles

View attachment 44477
Yep, exactly what I said....tells you what to do for the first 1000km and then....
Nothing.

So I was always a bit wary of 1000km then it's looney tunes time. I think that the advice I was given, to keep it sensible until 1600km, is the best way forward....

Thanks, anyway. Must have lost a bit in translation.

I suppose at the end of the day being "sensible" is the way forward...

Different manufacturers say different things. 1000km should be way more than enough for an engine to be broken in. I've never really followed break-in procedures, other than: gentle until the engine is fully warmed up, don't lug the engine, try and keep the RPMs varied, don't hit the rev limiter and give the engine some WOT every so often.

Neither my VW GTI or SSS (both owned from new) burn any oil and I've never had a bad oil analysis come back.

I know that, at least, BMW and Triumph run new bikes on a rolling road before leaving the factory. It doesn't take long to seat piston rings.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.