Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my SS late last week. Very happy with it!! Quick question though - what temperature does your bike run at when you're out on the open road? It's pretty cold over here in NZ at the moment, but the bike was only running at around 68c (154 farenheight) It warmed up in slower areas, traffic etc, but out on the open road it would drop back again. I would have thought it would need to be hotter than that, maybe 80ish celcius, even though it was a cold day??

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Ive seen it hang around in the 170-180s, in Cali, depending on how hard i push it, But after long runs and then few short runs takes it upto 200-210, higher if its hot outside.

But again this was very early on, i havent been checking it lately at all, unless it displays the temp automatically at 220s

·
Registered
45 Posts
During break in my bike ran on the higher side 190F to 226. I now have 1700 Mile on it and have not see 220 for awhile. Most days are 180 to 200F or 82 to 93 C. I'm in Hawaii so it going to run a bit hotter than NZ.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. It's winter here so it's pretty cold, but I would have thought the thermostat would have kept the temp a little higher.

·
Super Moderator
7,825 Posts
Ive seen it hang around in the 170-180s, in Cali, depending on how hard i push it, But after long runs and then few short runs takes it upto 200-210, higher if its hot outside.

But again this was very early on, i havent been checking it lately at all, unless it displays the temp automatically at 220s
Ditto here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts