Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Pic 1 shows connector with 'male' end fitted as comes with bike so you solder the sat nav wires to that.
Pic 2 doesn't actually show the connector - this is the extra length of wire from my sat nav which is just stowed there.
I might have to do this for my x-grip mount, which has a USB port on it, but the wires are open without a plug...This switched, right?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Pic 2 attached - don't know why they are all rotated - 90 deg ??

Pic 1 shows connector with 'male' end fitted as comes with bike so you solder the sat nav wires to that.
Pic 2 doesn't actually show the connector - this is the extra length of wire from my sat nav which is just stowed there.

I should also add that although the fairings don't need to be removed, the black panel on top of the fairing does.

Hope this all helps.

@Cj2 How did you identify the positive on the male terminal?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hi Klev

I didn't- simply because I had the cable still from my multistrada so just used that and can't remember how I did it for that.
One way to identify if from wire colours if they are visible. Otherwise use a multimeter.
Hope that's of some help.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've just wired mine today and the wire on the right was positive. Shame they are both black really!
Right/left would be different by perspective...there 1 & 2 marked on either side of the male plug. Could you look at it and confirm if possible? i dont have a multi-meter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello all.
I want to connect the harness I purchased to the connector provided on the bike, in the way some of you did.
So I started slicing carefully the free end of that cable, but, how much I have to go closer to the connector to find the two wires?
It’s somway difficult to separate that shrink tubing because inside it’s all sealed with silicon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hello all.
I want to connect the harness I purchased to the connector provided on the bike, in the way some of you did.
So I started slicing carefully the free end of that cable, but, how much I have to go closer to the connector to find the two wires?
It’s somway difficult to separate that shrink tubing because inside it’s all sealed with silicon.
Yeah, you just have to patiently slice through it

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,726 Posts
Yes, They don't leave you much wire to play with.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have heated grips that I haven't installed yet. Does the connection for your sat navigation use the ones needed for heated grips?
No, there are 2 other connectors for the heated grips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you guys, eventually I found the two wires, the one marked 1 is the positive on my bike too.
And, about the heated grips I have them and I confirm that these use another 2 connectors.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
do you know what that connector type is called so I can order one, I take it its the white one in the pictures previously :)
I'm afraid I don't although I could probably find out. The connector is the one in the pictures, to the right of the steering head. It has a matching connector plugged into it with wire tails encased in heatshrink. You simply remove the heatshrink and solder your satnav wires to the bare ends, making sure that the polarity is correct and with fresh heatshrink over each joint.

Reactions: se7en

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Ah thank you thats what I will do thank you again for your help :)
Beware. Both wire tails at the satnav side are black but if you check them against the mating connector on the loom you will see that one wire is red/black (+ve) and the other is plain black (-ve).

41 - 60 of 90 Posts