Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
101 Posts
As a follow up from my last post, I was finally able to complete the install of my Garmin Zumo XT, using the Desmoworld Navi-Cam, and plugging into that switched circuit that terminated in a white plug. Here are the final picks.

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
101 Posts
As a follow up from my last post, I was finally able to complete the install of my Garmin Zumo XT, using the Desmoworld Navi-Cam, and plugging into that switched circuit that terminated in a white plug. Here are the final picks…
Postscript:
I found the Garmin 6cm arm left the bottom of Zumo screen too low/far away from the dash, so I bought the Ram Standard Length arm, 9cm, which adds just enough length for the Zumo to operate in landscape mode and gets right up under the dash. I’ve included some updated pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Cj2, @Derek, @oldndumb, @klev, @Rog36, @Mario and the rest…You people ARE BRILLIANT!
Thank you so much for this thread and the really helpful contributions you all made to it. I would have been lost without it!
I started to do what I thought would be the easiest route by hooking up the power leads to the charging harness, even though it was always on (Pic 1).
View attachment 43648
However, I don’t think that worked for me. But, I do know that this switched plug at the head works a treat (Pic2)!!!
View attachment 43663
My Garmin Zumo would switch to charging/powered mode when connected the first way. But as the photos below show, hooked up to the white connector it does exactly what it should.Bike turned on, shows as Charging (top right of screen) (Pic 3). Bike turned off, I get tis message (Pic 4), and then the icon switches to battery mode (Pic 5).
View attachment 43664 View attachment 43665 View attachment 43666
I have included other pictures of working through the details of your above instructions. I found reading the numbers on the plug was almost impossible, but used the graphite of a pencil to make them stand out.
View attachment 43667 View attachment 43668 View attachment 43669 View attachment 43671 View attachment 43672

I hope others find this helpful. Once again, thanks to all the contributors of this SuperGroup!
Brilliant, thanks for this. I did the same to power my tomtom. :cool::D

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Cj2, @Derek, @oldndumb, @klev, @Rog36, @Mario and the rest…You people ARE BRILLIANT!
Thank you so much for this thread and the really helpful contributions you all made to it. I would have been lost without it!
I started to do what I thought would be the easiest route by hooking up the power leads to the charging harness, even though it was always on (Pic 1).
View attachment 43648
However, I don’t think that worked for me. But, I do know that this switched plug at the head works a treat (Pic2)!!!
View attachment 43663
My Garmin Zumo would switch to charging/powered mode when connected the first way. But as the photos below show, hooked up to the white connector it does exactly what it should.Bike turned on, shows as Charging (top right of screen) (Pic 3). Bike turned off, I get tis message (Pic 4), and then the icon switches to battery mode (Pic 5).
View attachment 43664 View attachment 43665 View attachment 43666
I have included other pictures of working through the details of your above instructions. I found reading the numbers on the plug was almost impossible, but used the graphite of a pencil to make them stand out.
View attachment 43667 View attachment 43668 View attachment 43669 View attachment 43671 View attachment 43672

I hope others find this helpful. Once again, thanks to all the contributors of this SuperGroup!
Brilliant description, worked a treat 👏 👍 👌

81 - 90 of 90 Posts