Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These bikes are getting waaay too common! 馃槀
I had an empty house this weekend, and decided to do a half day ride yesterday. I didn't expect to make a few new friends! I started the usual path, as all my fun rides start & end with 1.5 hours of moto ^&%% across Houston, each way. While stopped at a gas station to fill the bike & clear the mind after escaping the city, a pair of new 950 SSS pulled up net to my 950 SS! We talked for quite a while, from introductions to comparing bikes to swapping stories, before enjoying some miles & good roads, then splitting off to our separate routes. They invited me to join them - it would have been a good route- but I wanted to keep the day shorter, given the heat and my longer return home. I finished at 325mi on the moto with heat indices 102-105F. I do love this bike when I get to the twisty roads!

Registered
I think these bikes are gaining in popularity. Just by some of the traffic I've seen here. I've run into three other SS riders here.

Registered
I had an empty house this weekend, and decided to do a half day ride yesterday. I didn't expect to make a few new friends! I started the usual path, as all my fun rides start & end with 1.5 hours of moto ^&%% across Houston, each way. While stopped at a gas station to fill the bike & clear the mind after escaping the city, a pair of new 950 SSS pulled up net to my 950 SS! We talked for quite a while, from introductions to comparing bikes to swapping stories, before enjoying some miles & good roads, then splitting off to our separate routes. They invited me to join them - it would have been a good route- but I wanted to keep the day shorter, given the heat and my longer return home. I finished at 325mi on the moto with heat indices 102-105F. I do love this bike when I get to the twisty roads!

View attachment 43438
Beautiful bike. I use to live in SugarLand and every Sunday a group of us would go on a 300 to 400 mile ride Northwest of Houston starting in Fulshear. Great roads there if you leave early enough to beat the heat. The 950S would be a fantastic bike there. I put about 60,000 miles on a Superhawk on those roads north and northwest of Houston. Not really a fan of riding in Houston itself unless I could get in the HOV lane. Ride safe!

Registered
@JohnTex Not being a mamby pamby, but I've seen too many helmets fall from mirrors and get scratched and damaged over the years, so I never hang my helmet from the mirrors. Just trying to help - Each to his own (y)

Reactions: Bassem.nomany

Registered

View attachment 43438
JohnTex do you have the $300 carbon fiber exhaust covers I鈥檝e seen on EBay? Those look really nice! The stock muffler sounds pretty good maybe not loud enough, but good for a stock can. Those covers add the right amount of bling and subdue the focus on the stock aluminum one. I may have my Christmas present identified Would be nice to do away with the cat, but hard to do with Harris county sniffers at inspection stations and randomly placed at on ramps

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I went with the zero performance but nice looks of the Ilmberger covers. I am quite ashamed of buying bling, but very happy with the looks, since I'm not going to pull the cat & change the exhaust/tune.

Registered
It looks nice! If you find an extended CF hugger for a reasonable price let me know
The air nannies will get you if you pull the cat in Houston. Funny how they ignore all the modded diesel pickup trucks belching black smoke but they will nail a high performance car or motorcycle

Registered
rolling coal is OK but you can't get caught on your bike? how would anyone even know if the SS even had a cat?

Registered
In Houston you have to have an inspection that includes a sniffer stuck up the tail pipe. If you fail you don鈥檛 get a license plate until it鈥檚 corrected. They also have random exhaust sniffers that test your vehicle as you drive by usually on freeway entrances. Houston and LA are in competition for worst air quality in the USA so they are pretty strict. They will spot if you have removed or gutted your cat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts