Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,612 Posts
That's one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen.

It has cues from the Cagiva Elefant but not for me thanks.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Which market are they trying to pentrate with it. To me it has no sex appeal. unsure if that's a valid phrase when it comes to a bike but I don't like it.
Too box shaped. Maybe they want to do the Paris-Dakar trophy with it to gain some sales.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Which market are they trying to pentrate with it. To me it has no sex appeal. unsure if that's a valid phrase when it comes to a bike but I don't like it.
Too box shaped. Maybe they want to do the Paris-Dakar trophy with it to gain some sales.

Maybe they're going after the BMW GS market of, my bike looks like it can ride around the world, but i only ride it to the coffee shop market.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Maybe they're going after the BMW GS market of, my bike looks like it can ride around the world, but i only ride it to the coffee shop market.
Bwahahaha, you have them there too.
Even the new V Strom for 2020 promotional video only goes on tar.
In my country the GS has earned its name as "GS - Geen Sandpaaie" meaning No Sand roads

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
It doesn't look Italian. Maybe it's going to be a new trend... look at Harley Davidson attempt. Look at Katana.

·
Registered
799 Posts
To each their own, there's a rider for every bike. I quite like it; I have a friend who wants to round-the-world when he retires and has been waiting for this very bike to do it on. There a bit of the Earl Alaskan and a lot of Walt Seigel's L'Avventura in there. The biggest appeals are proper wheel sizing, good suspension travel and that it doesn't weigh 950 lbs and still has enough power to get out of it's own way.

The only thing I like more in the middleweight adventure class is the Husky 901. Realistically though, for a dirt/rally/BDR bike I'd still pick the Husky 701LR first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts