Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small item, but check the screws that secure the coolant tank plastic shroud. One of the screws on my bike was loose, the others were just barely tight. Tightened them all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Small item, but check the screws that secure the coolant tank plastic shroud. One of the screws on my bike was loose, the others were just barely tight. Tightened them all.
Like you, one screw loosen. :surprise:

I'm looking for better screws for fairing and plastic parts.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like you, one screw loosen. :surprise:

I'm looking for better screws for fairing and plastic parts.
...Seems like a standard routine on this bike to routinely check that things stay properly tightened.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
...Seems like a standard routine on this bike to routinely check that things stay properly tightened.
I know this is crazy, and maybe it has to do with my low miles, but I’ve not had a single screw loose, yet. My plan is to apply blue Loctite each time I do come across one, though.

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine were ok 1 screw is talked weaker like the fairings
The one closest to the front tucked behind fairing? I noticed same, and was going to take a closer look later. Mine was actually loose, but when tightening it did have a weaker torque. Need to be careful not to over tighten. Maybe it’s seated in a plastic clip rather than metal clip.

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this is crazy, and maybe it has to do with my low miles, but I’ve not had a single screw loose, yet. My plan is to apply blue Loctite each time I do come across one, though.
Prolly because low miles. Good idea though.

Also, I noticed when changing the oil that the mechanic put thread lock on the drain screw, even though it had a crush washer, as it should.

Perhaps because the drain screw is quite small, and can’t be excessively torqued. Also noticed with the little screw it squished the crush washer just a barely noticeable amount when tightened...not 1/16 or so twist of the wrist with a “normal” screw and crush washer.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The one closest to the front tucked behind fairing? I noticed same, and was going to take a closer look later. Mine was actually loose, but when tightening it did have a weaker torque. Need to be careful not to over tighten. Maybe it’s seated in a plastic clip rather than metal clip.
Yes I think your right just like the fairing ones

·
Registered
84 Posts
All four of the screws connecting my mirrors were loose. I actually lost one on my second ride!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I discovered the forward and bottom shroud screws were less than tight while loosening them in order to remove the filler cap to add a bit of coolant. The filler cap is off center vs the shroud, so I loosened the shroud to keep from buggering up the fill cap with needle nose pliers trying to unscrew it. Added a few tablespoons of coolant, screwed on the filler cap, and snugged up the shroud screws. I plan to keep an eye on them going forward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts