Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Approximately $350.00. Plug and Play. Integrated with bike systems and wiring harness.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Approximately $350.00. Plug and Play. Integrated with bike systems and wiring harness.
The Gorilla and Scorpio systems are the same thing, at much less than half the price. Those are plug and play too, just doesnt have the ducati branding. Im new to this but thats what i found to be the differences.

As for the BlueFire, i have my unknown doubts about something like that being less than $20 and reliable, even though it has the most positive reviews.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Gorilla and Scorpio systems are the same thing, at much less than half the price. Those are plug and play too, just doesnt have the ducati branding. Im new to this but thats what i found to be the differences.

As for the BlueFire, i have my unknown doubts about something like that being less than $20 and reliable, even though it has the most positive reviews.
The reviews are kinda mix and matched. A lot of people love it, but I seen a few negative reviews. One guy said that the alarm just keeps going off whenever he leaves it outside.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reviews are kinda mix and matched. A lot of people love it, but I seen a few negative reviews. One guy said that the alarm just keeps going off whenever he leaves it outside.
Which one are you talking about?

I did order the BlueFire, since it was cheap and I thought id try it. Plan for a disc lock as well.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
After having had alarms on a few previous bikes I no longer consider having one fitted. The false alarms, occasional difficulty in disarming and sensitivity to radio masts have really put me off.

The bike has an mobiliser, I stay with that, plus a ground anchor and bloody great big chain in the garage will do. If I had anything it would be a tracker.

·
Registered
349 Posts
........... If I had anything it would be a tracker.
Agree.

Browsing any brand bike forum for alarm threads can result in reading a whole lot of complaints. Plus I have three friends who are bike mechanics and they hate them.....no matter which brand.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
My comments about alarm problems are from personal experience. Not for me I'm afraid.

And you seem a nice guy I'm sure you have more than three friends, I' m happy for you to count me on your list.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A friend of mine purchased the ride system by scorpio for GPS tracking and he swears by it. I almost went this route but was turned off by how expensive it is.

Build Ride | Scorpio

What i ended up doing; I actually have a secondary cell phone that is active, and whenever i go out and leave my bike parked somewhere that i don't trust, i leave the phone in the under seat compartment and track it. I've heard you can even set up geo fences on some phones and it will alert you whenever the phone moves from its set GPS location, although i haven't yet figured out how to set that up myself.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
78 Posts
A GPS tracker does sound nice, but is the Scorpio's $349.99 a one time charge or do you keep paying monthly on top of that?

·
Registered
39 Posts
A GPS tracker does sound nice, but is the Scorpio's $349.99 a one time charge or do you keep paying monthly on top of that?
you also have to pay for the service. They have a monthly and a yearly plan. Its a very robust service but again, too expensive for my taste.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had an alarm installed on the bike, but the dealer just put it behind the left hand side fairing. i can see the wires going to it and thought it might not be the best position for. After examining a bit more, i see that the inside of the fairing can be accessed thru any opening you can find near it. its easy to put your hand thru. So i thought id check for an underseat solution but the battery being behind the left fairing, the wires for the alarm are still exposed unless i run them over the engine head, with which i risk melting them.

any one here tried or has an alarm installed?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I would love to discuss security since I live in the crime capital of the world and can really help but this is after all an open forum with countless unrecorded guests reading the conversations. In south africa we work on minimum 4 levels of security. My home has five levels. But yes a tracker with anti hijack and geo alert and fuel cutting is a good start. Generally people ignore bike or car alarms in this modern day but for the novice thief it might be a small deterant. AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. has some pretty good trackers at good prices and easy installation.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts