Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts
I got a pair of Diode Dynamics from Amazon. Not sure if I needed them are not. But the low beams on the Jeep were such a PITA that I'd played safe rather than risk having to get access again.

Diode Dynamics H11/H9/H8/881/880 Pair LED Headlight CANBUS Error Free Anti Flicker Wiring Harness Adapter Amazon.com: Diode Dynamics H11/H9/H8/881/880 Pair LED Headlight CANBUS Error Free Anti Flicker Wiring Harness Adapter: Automotive
@Keith Gill, haven't ridden the bike since I added the LEDs, but took it out last night to see the light pattern and it looks good. I did notice that with the high beams on, the indicator on the dash would flicker (similar to what Tyler E mentioned in an earlier post). I know you said that you purchased the Diode Dynamics Anti Flicker Harness Adapter, did you add them to your bike (in addition to the Jeep)?

I installed mine the other day and took it out for a ride Saturday night. I haven't spent much time riding on the SS at night so its hard to compare to the stock lights but here's my mixed review. With only the LED low beam on there's not much light however that changes once the high beam is flicked on. With the both lights on on there's plenty of white light to see straight down the road a ways but there seems to be a dead spot to the lower right side which makes right hand corners a bit dicey at speed. Don't remember if that was a problem previously or not. After flipping the high beam on/off with approaching traffic, I just left it on and didn't get anyone flashing me so I'm assuming it's not that annoying to them. What I really like is the brilliance while riding during the daytime, no problems being seen with these lights on! I didn't have any flickering of the lights or the indicators. Overall for the money I'm happy but I wouldn't want to be riding at night in the mountains and I don't think I'd pay much more ($40) to get LEDs over just leaving the halogen bulbs in.

The lights didn't flicker at all, it what just the "blue" high beam indicator on the dash (intermittent at that). I'm riding into work this upcoming Friday. It'll be dusk when I leave for the office so I'll checkout the low beam spread. I rarely if ever ride with the low beam, just too many idiots on the road that I have them both on during the early morning hours or at night.

@Keith Gill, haven't ridden the bike since I added the LEDs, but took it out last night to see the light pattern and it looks good. I did notice that with the high beams on, the indicator on the dash would flicker (similar to what Tyler E mentioned in an earlier post). I know you said that you purchased the Diode Dynamics Anti Flicker Harness Adapter, did you add them to your bike (in addition to the Jeep)?
I didn't need the anti-flicker harness and haven't noticed the high beam indicator flickering. I never ride after dark these days, so not really concerned about the beam pattern. Verdict from guys in front is that they're very noticable.

Rode in this morning and had the high beams on for the entire ride. Definitely provides increased visibility and much better than the OEM bulbs. The blue high beam indicator on the dash flickered for moment while the bike idled before leaving for work, but never did it again. So far, I'm very satisfied with this upgrade.

Just wanna chime in here, based on the link I bought the same brand here in Canada:

No issues so far, I will go for a longer night ride later this week to test it out more thoroughly.

*Can confirm after a 3 hours 7-10 PM evening ride with occasional high beam on there's zero issues.

I received mines thanks to the amazon link above.
Really easy to install (10 minutes), but as I am a psycopath I spent 2 hours just in order to hide the cables. 😂
I didn't test during the night but indeed, the look is really better than with the classic bulbs but I think I will have to adjust them.
And just to inform those who wants to buy some.
Here's how it fit and how it's close to the fork with the ss!!!

Now that more than a few of you seem to have installed LED headlight bulbs has anyone else witnessed the strange anomaly with the main beam warning lamp in the dash? Ever since fitting LED bulbs a couple of years ago the main beam warning light will sometimes flash about once every 2 seconds or so for no apparent reason. It can be stopped by momentarily flashing the main beam. I don't know what initiates this phenomenon, I've never been able to do it intentionally. I think @amoslws mentioned something similar happening a year or two back when there was first discussion about LEDs.

I've done 300 miles yesterday and I absolutely didn't notice something special. The main beam didn't appear.
Everything works as usual. For the others maybe it depend of the day led switch if it's on automatic or not?

Now that more than a few of you seem to have installed LED headlight bulbs has anyone else witnessed the strange anomaly with the main beam warning lamp in the dash? Ever since fitting LED bulbs a couple of years ago the main beam warning light will sometimes flash about once every 2 seconds or so for no apparent reason. It can be stopped by momentarily flashing the main beam. I don't know what initiates this phenomenon, I've never been able to do it intentionally. I think @amoslws mentioned something similar happening a year or two back when there was first discussion about LEDs.
@Derek Spartan84 has already commented on the main beam indicator light flickering

Reactions: Derek
MotorcycleMojo, an excellent Canadian publication, has a really good article on LED lighting in the current edition.

Essentially it talks about reflectors being designed for a specific filament position. Many LEDs have the diode in a different position, leading to strange shadows and inefficient lighting. They identify a brand, Headlight Revolution, that design LEDs to replicate the filament location in the Halogen equivalent.

Interesting reading if, like me, you rely on your headlight for night riding in rural areas.

Reactions: Ed K
When I first start up the bike, the high beam indicator on the dash flickers, but after riding off it stops and goes back to normal operation (no flicker) on my 1 1/2 hour ride into work. I park the bike for about 8 hours, start it up again to go home and there is no flicker. I'm very pleased with the fit as well as the visibility it provides (I may need to adjust the low beam just a bit).

May have seen it once, was gone once I focused on it and haven’t seen it since. I’ll be sure to post if I see it or any other anomaly.

@Derek Spartan84 has already commented on the main beam indicator light flickering
I hadn't been paying too much attention to this thread, mainly skimming through it, and had taken the "flicker' as referring to the headlight beam but see now that it refers to the main beam warning light.
On my bike it isn't really a flicker. The warning light lights up solid for near a second, goes off for about 2 seconds then comes on again for about a second adfinitum, until I stop it by flashing the main beam. Not really a bother, just a queer behaviour.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my bulbs to LEDs as well. The ones I'm liking so far is the Novsight. I seen a few people get them but didn't hear a verdict. Where they any good? Not looking to dremmel or have a light flashing. Or if someone found a better option? I want bright white light. I don't care about cost but I want plug and play.

I've "upgraded" three of my bikes with LED H4 bulbs. I can't say it's a big improvement. Hopefully they are drawing less current from the electrical system but I'm not getting more light.

On my Suzuki I replaced my 100 wt bulb with an LED and it's about like 55 wt standard. After 20 years, the 100 wt was putting a brown spot in the lens. But, I could've gone back to 55.

The other two bikes are Italian, so no need to experiment with a high powered bulb.

What I noticed was that if I didn't turn off the Drl first then use the high beam, that it would flicker the high beam indicator. Also it flashes the main beam because I have had cars flashing back at me. Turning the drl off first seems to solve the problem.

I finally decided to change the halogen bulbs to LEDs although they are not legal in my country but I think my safety comes first. My first impressions are very positive. The lights seem much brighter and the color finally matches the DRL strip. The light reaches the same height and has a much better cut out so it shouldn't blind other drivers. The right bulb has a very good clearance, but the left one barely fits (only 1mm of clearance), I hope it won't cause any problems. I haven't noticed any flicker on the dashboard yet, but I haven't driven much because of the current weather.

Here's a link to what I got: NOVSIGHT H11 H8 H9 żarówki do reflektorów LED 55 W/para 1000 lm 6000 K 1:1 mini designerskie żarówki samochodowe z halogenem i zestawem ksenonowym 2 lampy : Amazon.pl: Motoryzacja

Attached are some pics of before and after.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.