Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
235 miles today with my riding buddy on his GT1000. Detour around road construction intruced me to a new favorite road which ironically bypassed a previous favorite road.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Out for a ride with my dad this past weekend. He's on a BMW 650 scooter - made the jump from his R1200RT to the scooter when he had knee surgery thinking the big bike would be too much post replacement...turns out he really likes the 650 and doesn't want to go back to a larger bike.

Cleaned up after the ride and did final adjustment of new clip-ons!

·
Registered
24 Posts
What do you think of the Corbin seat? I don't like how the stock seat pushes you forward and puts the pressure on my crotch instead of my sit bones. Does the Corbin distribute it more rearward?

Years ago I had a really bad customer service/bad product experience with them, so I'm curious if they'd improved.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
What do you think of the Corbin seat? I don't like how the stock seat pushes you forward and puts the pressure on my crotch instead of my sit bones. Does the Corbin distribute it more rearward?

Years ago I had a really bad customer service/bad product experience with them, so I'm curious if they'd improved.
Doesn’t look like @JaggerCat has responded yet but make sure to use the search a bit because a few around here have purchased them and generally like them. I ended up going the Ducati comfort seat route myself because of what you describe. When I test rode my bike that was the one thing I felt and the comfort seat worked for me to relieve it.

I don’t think Corbin has gotten much better with customer service. I bought a seat from them for my Triumph a year or two ago and they were great when ordering, kind of ok when I sent it back to be reshaped the first time and absolutely horrible when I wanted to send it back to have them fix the fact that on their last “fix” they screwed up the passenger area and shortened it by almost 3”. Note that they offer a no-charge customizing when ordering and two free adjustments within the first year if you pay to ship it back to them which I had zero issues doing. In reality, at least with my experience, that’s not the case as they wanted to charge me $400 to fix their mistake on a $500 seat. I’ve got it sitting in a box because it works ok for me, just not my passenger. They might be fine on a standard seat, but when it came to adjustments, they were awful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Doesn’t look like @JaggerCat has responded yet but make sure to use the search a bit because a few around here have purchased them and generally like them. I ended up going the Ducati comfort seat route myself because of what you describe. When I test rode my bike that was the one thing I felt and the comfort seat worked for me to relieve it.

I don’t think Corbin has gotten much better with customer service. I bought a seat from them for my Triumph a year or two ago and they were great when ordering, kind of ok when I sent it back to be reshaped the first time and absolutely horrible when I wanted to send it back to have them fix the fact that on their last “fix” they screwed up the passenger area and shortened it by almost 3”. Note that they offer a no-charge customizing when ordering and two free adjustments within the first year if you pay to ship it back to them which I had zero issues doing. In reality, at least with my experience, that’s not the case as they wanted to charge me $400 to fix their mistake on a $500 seat. I’ve got it sitting in a box because it works ok for me, just not my passenger. They might be fine on a standard seat, but when it came to adjustments, they were awful.
Your customer service experience with them sounds like mine :(
I'll put the Ducati comfort seat on my wish list then.

421 - 440 of 471 Posts