Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
@gav216 Where did you get the carbon wrapping done and what weave is it - plain or twill?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got it done locally in Twickenham. Its plain weave. Thought it tied in nicely with the mudguard. Not everyones taste I know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice job. I believe you can buy a vinyl sheet and then apply it yourself if you want to do a wrap. I thought about wrapping some parts. I did some stuff on my Tesla Model 3. Of course it was precut but it wasn't too hard. Just take some time, think it through. It peels off pretty easy.

Just found this on Amazon if anyone is interested - https://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Wrap-BLACK-Sheet/dp/B0059XEM9I

·
Registered
368 Posts
Got it done locally in Twickenham. Its plain weave. Thought it tied in nicely with the mudguard. Not everyones taste I know.
Nice (y)

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
@kokla55. I can't help noticing that you seem to be wearing textiles, lace up 'non motorbike' boots and your visor is open. Are you on a Trackday? For a UK Trackday it has to be either one piece leathers or 2 piece zip together leathers with a full circumference joining zip. We also have wear proper motorbike boots.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
@kokla55. I can't help noticing that you seem to be wearing textiles, lace up 'non motorbike' boots and your visor is open. Are you on a Trackday? For a UK Trackday it has to be either one piece leathers or 2 piece zip together leathers with a full circumference joining zip. We also have wear proper motorbike boots.
And in Oz we remove mirrors and tape up all the lights...

Reactions: NothingClever

·
Registered
368 Posts
And in Oz we remove mirrors and tape up all the lights...
Same as the UK. Trackday Organisers don't like broken glass and plastic on the track. Plus removing the mirrors saves them breaking if you have an off ..... oh and you can go faster as you're more aerodynamic 😅

Reactions: NothingClever

·
Registered
368 Posts
thank you! These tank grip are for better leg grip during tracks.

cheers
I think Timur A is asking what make are the tank grips.

There ae quite a lot out of tank grips there like Hatab's. These look very similar:

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
165 Posts
thank you! These tank grip are for better leg grip during tracks.

cheers
Thanks, yes, I meant what make are these and how are you finding them?

I think Timur A is asking what make are the tank grips.

There ae quite a lot out of tank grips there like Hatab's. These look very similar:
I now have the R&G clear ones. I like the looks, but don't like the actual grip they provide. When I'm in my track leathers, it's really good, but in my riding jeans there is very little difference. Also I think for our bike the tank grip should go on the tank as well as the bit of the fairing where the top part of the knee is touching it.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
@Timur A
I've always found that you can grip the tank better with leathers than you can with jeans. You can get Stomp Grip in the UK too from distributors

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Stunning photos of Supersport 😛

441 - 460 of 471 Posts