Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

541 - 560 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Too many red bikes, where are my blanco stallions? This is on the backside on Mt Greylock in Mass.

View attachment 42996
Funny, this story just came up this afternoon at work:

I was hired several years ago to drive a “snow cat” up Greylock to install an IP based STL for the local NPR station in January. As far as I had ever known, a “snow cat” was a large vehicle used to break snowmobile trails. Imagine my surprise when I showed up and learned my “snowcat” was actually Yamaha snowmobile!!! Never knew on the east coast they’re called snow cats. Anyway, ride up there to the most deserted ass transmitter site at the beginning of one of the worst snowfalls the east coast had seen in years. In the just over 3 hours I spent on the mountain I had almost a foot of snow fall and I didn’t check in with the Ranger and hadn’t seen another soul the entire day I went up there.

To say I was creeped the hell out was an understatement. I had to shovel 6’ of snow in front of the door to even see it. Think the Overlook in the movie/book The Shining and the front gate was smashed in when I got there.

Anyway, got it installed, semi configured and hauled ass down the mountain in the storm, snow and dark to find my trailer frozen up and wouldn’t tip down so I slammed it near a snow bank and “jumped” the sled on the trailer, my flight was cancelled along with 1000 other travelers and I was stuck in Albany for two extra days while they dug out. That job sucked because we never got the unit to work.

Anyway, had to go back in March to finish it, totally different story: tons of people on the mountain, sunny sky’s and had a great run on that 1000cc 4 stroke Yamaha. It was a blast and I almost felt bad for taking the money. Almost.

I always wondered what it looked like in the summer. Here’s a pic of me that first time running around the monument at the top. The other is that second time I went; still had to shovel it out again but it was much better when you kniw what you’re up against.

Beautiful area.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Too many red bikes, where are my blanco stallions? This is on the backside on Mt Greylock in Mass.

View attachment 42996
Not as pretty a photo as yours @93 but here is my handsome Beau, with his new friend Storm, amidst the Glasshouse Mountains...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Some really nice pics everyone. Its good to see other SS 939's out there. To be honest, I haven't seen many. I have seen many SS 900's but not the 939.
In my nearly 3 years of ownership I have seen 1 other on the road and that was when I met up with Mr Ex!

Reactions: Oldrider and Boe

·
Registered
208 Posts
In my nearly 3 years of ownership I have seen 1 other on the road and that was when I met up with Mr Ex!
They seem rare here, too. I met one woman on FB who has one (in my pic above), I know of 2 in my local Ducati club, and the one I saw about a year ago and made me fall in love with them, but might only see one on the street every 3 months or so. See heaps more Panigales tho. Makes the SS feel more special.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Kenny Ozawa Nice line up!

Any pics of riding roads in Japan you might share?
Hi Ed K,
Oh, I checked and found that there're only pictures with night views or landscapes, but no pictures of the roads where I was touring with my Supersport.
I'd like to go out touring in the coming season, so I'll share the pictures when I take them.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The Titanium grey with red wheels is a great looking bike. Nearly as good as a white one with red wheels 😅

Reactions: Duluthian and Ed K

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
@LazyEye That doesn’t look like Mt Hood, unless maybe an unfamiliar angle; what mountain is that?

541 - 560 of 578 Posts