Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
781 - 800 of 830 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
@Doggy do you have a huge discomfort with akrapovic on long distances? I assume you have earplugs but does it still bad or nothing special?
I'm planning to install but I consider bigger trips too if possible in my new reality.

·
Registered
56 Posts
@Doggy do you have a huge discomfort with akrapovic on long distances? I assume you have earplugs but does it still bad or nothing special?
I'm planning to install but I consider bigger trips too if possible in my new reality.
Hi. No discomfort at all. I always use earplugs. Going up through the gears in the midrange it sounds the best with the quickshiffter. At 70mph on the motorway you can barely hear the bike, almost silent. I love it

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
77 Posts
First trackday on the SSS! Had a blast at Grattan just north of Grand Rapids. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to track prep. Mirrors come off with extraction of two bolts and some wiggling (damn, they're heavy buggers!), 6 bolts and the pannier rack was on the floor. The tail section is a bit fiddly, but not difficult to do. Unplug the brake light, turn off the DRLs with the button on the bars and good to go, (not counting track org rules that apply to everyone.) I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Compared to my Panigale 899, the SS obviously lacks the top end rush, but the torque pushing you out of the corners is addictive. As is the new Termignoni soundtrack.

I did encounter two issues that curbed my enthusiasm a little. First was the quick shifter. Its really not helpful at full throttle at high rpm, especially between 5th and 6th. I must've hit a dozen false neutrals over the course of the day. After lunch I lowered the shift lever one turn (had already moved it down one turn shortly after buying the bike.) That improved the response a little, but it still took a good thwacking to prevent false neutrals. Was going to try one more turn down, but was afraid of catching my toe in left-handers. Anyway, I rarely had upshiftng issues with my 899. Seems to be a SS thing? I'm a bit fearful of what I'm going to find stuck to the sump magnet next oil charge. 😣

The second issue was a high speed vibration. At the end of the straight at an indicated 130mph or so, I was getting a fair bit of vibration. I'm pretty meticulous about balancing my wheels and all the weights were in place. Maybe the forks are a tad out of alignment.

If i can sort those trouble spots, its going to be a winner on the track. Not as good as the Pani, but the street comfort for the other 95% of the riding i do is well worth the tradeoff.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I can totally relate with everything you said. I've done my 9th track day on the SSS, 2nd one with the termi and constantly have false neutrals, scary ones too. Sooner or later I'll post a YT video with all my false neutrals, it's gotta be 10 minutes long at least.
Is it easy to lower the shift lever? I might try that myself

Here's a pic from my last TD - it was the first, after almost 3 years, where I managed to drag my knees (a tiny bit).

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Automotive lighting Drinkware Dishware Rim Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
The user manual almost describes how to adjust the shift lever. Almost. 🤣

You need to loosen the pinch bolt halfway along the quickshifter. Then undo the shifter from where it attaches to the shift pedal. Be careful, there is a washer between the pedal and shifter that needs to go back in the same way around and you want to see how it fits. Then you can turn the shift rod to lengthen or shorten the shifter, which will move the pedal so the toe peg is higher or lower. Then reattach the shift rod to the pedal and tighten the pinch bolt. It doesn't hurt to use a screw lock during reassembly, just one of the low-strength ones (not stud lock).

You might have to adjust it several times before you get it right. If it feels too tight it is likely you put the washer in the wrong way around during reassembly.

Reactions: Lambo88

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
@BedsClanger Are they the Ilmberger carbon fibre end can sleeves you have fitted?

Have you fitted the New Rage indicators that fit at the side of the screen?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
They are the Ilmberger carbon.

Not the NRC; the indicators are on the bar ends. Motogadget - ridiculously bright.
Any chance of a close up of the bar end indicators? Assuming you routed the cabling through the bars somehow?

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
410 Posts

I'm kinda waiting for them to go on sale. Because right now they're 99€ a piece (there are specific ones for the left and right side).

I'd like to now some details about the cable routing too!

·
Registered
35 Posts
2019 Supersport S. Mods: tail tide, rear indicators, fuel tank cap and handlebar weights all from Evotech Italy (company of which I'm the agent representative in Sweden and Denmark (but I'm authorised to sell to private parties all around the world (just saying :p in case anyone needs anything!)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
410 Posts
Welcome @MRM
Nice bike. The fuel cap looks pretty interesting. But it isn't lockable, is it?
Do you have access to the pillion peg blanking plates? They're kinda hard to get at a good rate here in Germany. They're quite affordable from the UK, but with transport and taxes since the Brexit, they end up even more expensive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome @MRM
Nice bike. The fuel cap looks pretty interesting. But it isn't lockable, is it?
Do you have access to the pillion peg blanking plates? They're kinda hard to get at a good rate here in Germany. They're quite affordable from the UK, but with transport and taxes since the Brexit, they end up even more expensive.

Hi Invincible! No, the fuel tank tap it's without key.

Evotech Italy does not manufacture the pillion peg blanking plates...Unfortunately, the Supersport is selling a lot abroad, but not much in Italy, where Hypermotard, Multistrada and Panigale (all models and versions) sell a lot, therefore not many accessories for our Supersports...:( By the way, I've sold many tail tidies for Hypermotard in Germany, if I based on my sales, I'd say there are more Hyper than other Ducati models?

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
410 Posts
By the way, I've sold many tail tidies for Hypermotard in Germany, if I based on my sales, I'd say there are more Hyper than other Ducati models?
That's quite unfortunate that Evotech Italy doesn't offer the blanking plates.
Idk about the real numbers, but based on what I see on the road, I'd say the best selling Ducati models in Germany are the Multistradas followed by the Scramblers and then the Monster 950.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's quite unfortunate that Evotech Italy doesn't offer the blanking plates.
Idk about the real numbers, but based on what I see on the road, I'd say the best selling Ducati models in Germany are the Multistradas followed by the Scramblers and then the Monster 950.

Maybe the ones with Multistrada don't want to spend on a new Tail Tidy :ROFLMAO: ...I've sold a few of those: they're manufactured (as many other Evotech products) from a single block of high quality aluminium but they are not cheap!

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
410 Posts
@MRM Either that or they have the Ducati Performance license plate holders, like I do.

Reactions: MRM
781 - 800 of 830 Posts