Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SUPERSPORT 939 - Shift-Tech Carbon

This is owned by a guy I know, and they make a great stuff. They will have a SS939 exhaust by fall. All their exhaust kits have a great sound. Check out the tail tidy - very clean.
They also have competitive prices for DP parts.

Reactions: Rhino and Bigwaves1

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope they come up with something like the Term Exhaust for the Street Fighter. I love those.
Agreed - I like the double barrel look more than the clumped together stock set

·
DucatiSupersport939.net Vendor
117 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But they aren't selling their own exhaust for this bike, they're selling the Akrapovic ones that Ducati sells...
Where are you getting that? They have a whole line of exhaust they make themselves. They have many aftermarket bits they resell from other Mfrs. (DucaBike, NRC, etc)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've ordered parts from Shift-Tech and MotoMillion and had problems with both orders. Not a big deal since nothing is perfect and most problems can be resolved. I bring this up now because there was a difference in the way each vendor handled the problem. One decided to avoid responsibility while the other did all he could to address the problem.

Shift-Tech posted an exhaust hanger for the 1200R so I placed an order. A few days went by with no status and then they said that they did not actually have them and that the picture was only of a prototype and they would send mine once they got them in. I said no thanks and to please process a refund since they could not provide an expected delivery date. They did the refund but also found it necessary to send a rude and unnecessary email to me.

I was probably one of the first to order the TWM levers for the SuperSport from MotoMillion. Once installed I started having problems with the QS. After putting it on the computer at the dealer it was determined that the lever was not actuating the switch consistently. I emailed that info to MotoMillion and got a response within the hour. The next day Mani told me he was working with the factory for a resolution. In a couple of days he informed me that Ducati had changed perch vendors and that a TWM lever redesign was necessary. He also said I would get my replacement new design lever in two weeks, which I did. All is well now.

So, based on my experience, I would never order anything from Shift-Tech. I would definitely order from MotoMillion! Customer no-service from Shift-Tech is not something I will forget.

YMMV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts