Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 198 Posts
The C3 is very quiet and i got a very good deal for it over the winter. Had I had known that the C4 was coming I would have waited because you can now buy the C4 with everything that I have in my C3 setup. Schuberth now partners with Sena and have done away with their own electronics that were expensive and not very good.
I use the Sena for music sometimes, but not very loud. I have also had a few phone calls with good results while doing 70mph. The caller could not believe that I was on the bike.
The other thing the I really like about the C3/C4 is the integrated polarized sun visor. It can be deployed with one hand from the outside of the helmet and you will never have to wear sunglasses of use a tinted visor ever again. Never liked how sunglasses felt against the side of my head while riding. I cant tell you how many times i would go out riding with a tinted visor and come home at night barely able to see......that all goes away with this helmet. Plus you look like a fighter pilot!

The other thing the I really like about the C3/C4 is the integrated polarized sun visor. It can be deployed with one hand from the outside of the helmet and you will never have to wear sunglasses of use a tinted visor ever again. Never liked how sunglasses felt against the side of my head while riding. I cant tell you how many times i would go out riding with a tinted visor and come home at night barely able to see......that all goes away with this helmet. Plus you look like a fighter pilot!

Feb 2010 I lost the front and a truck wheel went over my head, I was wearing the C3. Still here >:) perhaps a few lives less but nevertheless here.

Edit: Schuberth loyalist for life

I cant tell you how many times i would go out riding with a tinted visor and come home at night barely able to see......that all goes away with this helmet.
I don't care for the internal visors so I went with the Shoei RF-1200 with the photochromatic shield to solve this problem. Plus, I'm also wary of the significantly reduced level of chin impact protection on modular helmets. Good looking lid, though.

I don't care for the internal visors so I went with the Shoei RF-1200 with the photochromatic shield to solve this problem. Plus, I'm also wary of the significantly reduced level of chin impact protection on modular helmets. Good looking lid, though.
Hows the photochrome at night in the dark?

I must be showing my age...my last new Shoei did not have this as an option....great advances in tech!

I must be showing my age...my last new Shoei did not have this as an option....great advances in tech!
It depends how long you ride for when you ride. Wearing sunglasses under the helmet can really begin to hurt and be uncomfortable. The GT-Air and Schuberth C3/C4 are the premium brands with internal visors, Arai has them on the outside which is a little odd to me.
Once you have used one in sunny climates, the chances are you won't go back to the unfiltered visors/helmets. Where the internal tinted visor has the advantage over tinted visors, it is the capability to change according to the lighting conditions whereas a tinted shield or visor leaves one with little opportunity to make a change for better visibility. Not being able to adequately see the road is not brave but more stupid. I for one endorse internal tinted visors, especially for where I live because we have all year round sun.

It depends how long you ride for when you ride. Wearing sunglasses under the helmet can really begin to hurt and be uncomfortable. The GT-Air and Schuberth C3/C4 are the premium brands with internal visors, Arai has them on the outside which is a little odd to me.
Once you have used one in sunny climates, the chances are you won't go back to the unfiltered visors/helmets. Where the internal tinted visor has the advantage over tinted visors, it is the capability to change according to the lighting conditions whereas a tinted shield or visor leaves one with little opportunity to make a change for better visibility. Not being able to adequately see the road is not brave but more stupid. I for one endorse internal tinted visors, especially for where I live because we have all year round sun.
Yes. The exact reason to consider the photochromatic visor. My only issue is that I have light blue eyes, so the Transitions (photochromatic) shield doesn't get quite dark enough for me sometimes. Otherwise, the auto dimming/darkening is great. Even better is that its not just clear or dark as you would have with an internal visor, but that you have infinitely varying degrees of tinting...all depending on the changing sky conditions. Just food for thought...:cool:

Arai is all about getting their helmets SNELL certified. Internal visors reduce the structural strength of the helmet. That's why they put it on the outside. It's certainly not as elegant as internal visors, but that's the decision they have made - towards safety and compromising practicality.

Shoei's helmets with internal visors are not SNELL certified. Not sure about Schuberth's though. Most closed circuit competitions require the helmets to be SNELL certified.

Arai is all about getting their helmets SNELL certified. Internal visors reduce the structural strength of the helmet. That's why they put it on the outside. It's certainly not as elegant as internal visors, but that's the decision they have made - towards safety and compromising practicality.

Shoei's helmets with internal visors are not SNELL certified. Not sure about Schuberth's though. Most closed circuit competitions require the helmets to be SNELL certified.
I presume 'snell' is an american qualification. I'll stick with what I know and those standards are 'BS', 'TUV', 'CE'
As for schuberth, I have had a truck drive over my head and I am still here because of the schuberth. To me that knocks the pants off any 'snell' qualification, or in fact any European standard.

I presume 'snell' is an american qualification. I'll stick with what I know and those standards are 'BS', 'TUV', 'CE'
As for schuberth, I have had a truck drive over my head and I am still here because of the schuberth. To me that knocks the pants off any 'snell' qualification, or in fact any European standard.
Whatever works for each one of us. I suppose there's no test like the real world test!!

Signet Q Aria

Only one that doesn't leave a red tattoo in my forehead after 30 minutes of riding...

oops...I meant "Arai"

Attachments

Reactions: Christm13 and se7en
See if you can get a red "S". Would match the bike perfectly, then.
ill have to see if I can find some red fingernail polish on my wifes side of the bathroom....

Reactions: se7en

I have a c4 coming! Cant wait.

21 - 40 of 198 Posts