Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 198 Posts
I don't care for the internal visors so I went with the Shoei RF-1200 with the photochromatic shield to solve this problem. Plus, I'm also wary of the significantly reduced level of chin impact protection on modular helmets. Good looking lid, though.
I picked up the Photochromatic shield for my Bell Star and love it for the same reasons. Works wonderfully, though I wish it were a bit darker at it's darkest. Still, I have not actually felt the need to swap out to the full dark tint visor I also keep around as a backup. If it's super bright I'll put on some lightly tinted sunglasses under the Photochromic visor and get the same result.

Reactions: se7en
Yeah, I have light blue eyes and typically need dark shields, too. These do the job for commuting, but when hitting the road on a weekend for a long outing...it's the dark shields for sure!

Acquired the Shoei NXR plus photochromic visor today. I have been loyal to schuberth for many many years. Regardless of all the promotions on the NXR a true test is whether or not my neck aches after using it on the SS. I only pushed the bike to 110mph and afterwards I took the Mrs out for dinner to keep her quiet-ish. Results: NO neck ache. Decent aerodynamics. Decent airflow. Light weight at 1.33kg's. Schuberth has better acoustic reduction. Overall, feeling happy with my expensive purchase.

I've a shoei nxr with recently a photocromatic visor bought before summer.
really perfect for my head and i appreciate a lot the visor with high light sun.

That's my second shoei, Before i was Arai.

41 - 60 of 198 Posts