Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts

I ordered a Schuberth C4 Pro Carbon with an SC1 integrated communication system. It should arrive on Monday. I previously owned a Shoei GT Air and replaced it with a Shoei Neotec modular helmet. I considered an AGV Sport modular because it is the lightest modular helmet, but it has antiquated double "D" rings which are a deal breaker. The next option was a Neotec II, but the Sena that integrates with the helmet has poor battery life. When you ride 10+ hr in a day it is irritating for the battery to die. The Schubert C4 Pro Carbon is lighter than the Neotec II and Schuberth C$ Pro although it is heavier than the Sport Modular. I has a ratcheting fastening mechanism and an internal sun visor. Obviously I would not get a modular if I ever intended to go to the track, but it is great for stop lights. It is also easier to put on and take off. It comes with a pinlock shield and the visor is very large enhancing peripheral vision. If the fit is great it should be the quietest modulatr helmet available. I used the Schuberth sizing chart and should have ordered the correct size. There are no Schuberth helmets available to try on in Las Vegas; so, my only option was to use the sizing chart. The Shoei GT Air and Neotec fit perfectly with the Large size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
View attachment 41623
I ordered a Schuberth C4 Pro Carbon with an SC1 integrated communication system. It should arrive on Monday. I previously owned a Shoei GT Air and replaced it with a Shoei Neotec modular helmet. I considered an AGV Sport modular because it is the lightest modular helmet, but it has antiquated double "D" rings which are a deal breaker. The next option was a Neotec II, but the Sena that integrates with the helmet has poor battery life. When you ride 10+ hr in a day it is irritating for the battery to die. The Schubert C4 Pro Carbon is lighter than the Neotec II and Schuberth C$ Pro although it is heavier than the Sport Modular. I has a ratcheting fastening mechanism and an internal sun visor. Obviously I would not get a modular if I ever intended to go to the track, but it is great for stop lights. It is also easier to put on and take off. It comes with a pinlock shield and the visor is very large enhancing peripheral vision. If the fit is great it should be the quietest modulatr helmet available. I used the Schuberth sizing chart and should have ordered the correct size. There are no Schuberth helmets available to try on in Las Vegas; so, my only option was to use the sizing chart. The Shoei GT Air and Neotec fit perfectly with the Large size.
I bought this exact helmet in a size L and love it. For reference, I also have a Shoei RF1200 in a size L which fits great. The C4 Pro Carbon is a little tight in the cheeks/jaw, but I'm guessing it will loosen up with use just like my Schuberth C2 did. It really is as quiet as the Champion review videos say they are.

·
Registered
371 Posts
@makemann I received mine from Champion Helmets. I have been buying Shoei helmets exclusively since the mid 1970's. When I bought the Neotec, I tried on a Schuberth C3 Pro. The Shoei met my needs much better. I considered the Neotec II, but the Shuberth C4 Pro Carbon exceeds all the features and qualities. The reduced weight of the Schuberth was a factor that piqued my interest in the Shuberth. The visor also has a much larger field of vision. The integrated SC1 Bluetooth option was far superior to the Sena 10 U for the Shoei even though both systems are Sena products. The joystick from my Sena 10 U works great with the SC1. The Schuberth is so quiet and comfortable. I really like how the liner extends to fit between my chin and the chin strap. I think Schuberth is the only carbon modular with a ratcheting chin strap. I will never buy a helmet with double "D" rings after having a ratcheting mechanism on my Neotec.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Gnelson- I bought my Neotec 2 from Champion as well. I saved about a third the cost vs the US price. Agree about the ratcheting fastener of the N2, especially compared to the rings on N1 which for some reason didn't always conform to my fingers.

The local dealer had a Schuberth C4 in my size in Duc red for $400. I liked the fit but was told that it drug too much air if I tried to ride with it open faced. I do like the option to ride the Neotec open. My HJC modular would take my head off over 60mph.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Gnelson- I bought my Neotec 2 from Champion as well. I saved about a third the cost vs the US price. Agree about the ratcheting fastener of the N2, especially compared to the rings on N1 which for some reason didn't always conform to my fingers.

The local dealer had a Schuberth C4 in my size in Duc red for $400. I liked the fit but was told that it drug too much air if I tried to ride with it open faced. I do like the option to ride the Neotec open. My HJC modular would take my head off over 60mph.
My Neotec had the ratcheting chin strap. I noticed all the Neotecs in stock at Cycle Gear had the double "D" rings. I got mione form Europe and it came with the upgraded chin strap. I don't ride with my chin bar open above 25 mph. I often open the visor 1 or 2 clicks at low speed with the chin bar closed.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
My Neotec had the ratcheting chin strap. I noticed all the Neotecs in stock at Cycle Gear had the double "D" rings. I got mione form Europe and it came with the upgraded chin strap. I don't ride with my chin bar open above 25 mph. I often open the visor 1 or 2 clicks at low speed with the chin bar closed.
My N2 has the ratchet. My older N1 has rings, the snap is a little awkward to my fingers. I got my N2 from Champion.

141 - 160 of 183 Posts