Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
161 - 180 of 198 Posts
I hope that wasn't a real photo. Don't look.
@Uncle Creepy
Ouch! poor guy. My like of you post was in reference to the I don't need no stinking helmet not the photo
I simply wanted to stress All The Gear All The Time......
jeez put a friggin' warning there or something!!
(although I woulda clicked just as fast).

Agreed ATGATT though.... shiver.:eek:

Why I always wear a full face ..spent 2 months in the hospital after this crash ...an old lady on a cell phone hit me from behind at 55mph ..I was stopped , flasher on , sunny day pulling into Rider's Hill in Dahlonega , the dark streaks are blood

Attachments

Why I always wear a full face ..spent 2 months in the hospital after this crash ...an old lady on a cell phone hit me from behind at 55mph ..I was stopped , flasher on , sunny day pulling into Rider's Hill in Dahlonega , the dark streaks are blood
Damn, man; glad you're still with us! Cannot imagine that crash or recovery. I was an EMT and I've seen some "spectacular" MC accidents... but 55 MPH?! You ought to be dead!

Imagine how low our insurance rates would be if women couldn't drive.

I had to take 6 years off , severe compound fracture of the tibia/fibula , my 12th concussion ( former ski racer) , broken hand, and severe sprain of both knee and other ankle . Doc said I'd never walk right again ... After 31 broken bones the docs are always amazed I'm still around . 25 years in Martial arts keeps me in good shape ..My kids think I'm crazy to still ride ...but hey ..they have never ridden ( except on the back) so they just don't know ....

Attachments

Well in your defense, you've only had one motorcycle accident, and it sure was not your fault...
Probably accounts for your taste in helmet graphics, though. 🤣
Unfortunately NOT . My first near death one was 31 years ago. Concussion,11 broken ribs, lacerated spleen (which resulted in my first coronary episode due to the massive amount of blood clots) and impact paralysis on my entire left side . 10 days in ICU . I am admittedly a little paranoid about being seen while riding

I wanted to bring the helmet thread back with a little hint about those pinlock inserts.

I was cleaning the visor on my Neotec and one the pushpins broke when I was removing the insert. I found a place on the 'net to order replacement pushpins. They cost $10 and I ordered them Thursday and they came in the mail today.

I hope to keep riding until 70
My dad will be 73 in February, still rides every day he can and just bought a ‘21 XSR900 this spring to “slow down”. If his body wasn’t so torn up from working, crashes over the years and not getting them all repaired when he should have he’d still be on a sportbike and probably still his F4i. He is slowing down because he says his reflexes aren’t what they once were, and spends more time riding his new Trail 125 around than anything, but he still manages 6 or 7,000 miles a year on two wheels even with our short northern seasons.

No reason with proper care you can’t keep it up even past 80.

161 - 180 of 198 Posts