Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
As long as the cat is in there at mid pipe, the bike isn't going to be loud. To me the bike ain't loud enough (must be used to my 959). Waiting for an under race exhaust . . .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have to think the real key to upgrading the exhaust for sound/performance will come down to finding de-cat pipes. the catalytic converter is the big bottleneck. likely why the ongoing debate if the akro sounds louder or not is because the cat restricts so much.

Im sure some manufacturer will pump out a de-cat and can combo system soon

EDIT: I see mike and i are on the same train of thought ^^^

·
Registered
66 Posts
As long as the cat is in there at mid pipe, the bike isn't going to be loud. To me the bike ain't loud enough (must be used to my 959). Waiting for an under race exhaust . . .
The Akra race exhaust is very loud, with db killers in - I will be trying it without in a week or two. No one will complain they can't hear you coming! >:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Akra race exhaust is very loud, with db killers in - I will be trying it without in a week or two. No one will complain they can't hear you coming! >:)
Exactly, this system removes the Cat from the equation and the only one ive seen on the market that does, so far none of the slipons have a decat pipe as an option yet...but its a pricey upgrade to the "race system"

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you check the url I provided you'll see there are two options. One with homologation and one without. Homologation is emissions and sound related, so no cat box is available.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Thanks Steve. Any noticeable difference in the heat using the race exhaust (thigh area)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are just labeled as slip ons, wich typically don't replace or remove the stock pipes just the cans, the sil race ones could just have the DB killers removed
I think you still need the decat pipe to eliminate the cat, i would love to be wrong and that be the whole kit for that price

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The Akra slip ons are straight through, with some sound deadening material around the outside. I cant see any slip on being more loud. As already said need a decat pipe.Be patient they will appear.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Steve. Any noticeable difference in the heat using the race exhaust (thigh area)?
Hi

Did a run yesterday with a slow bit through a busy town yesterday. Little bit of heat through the seat, but nothing that was uncomfortable. So far, heat seems to be on a par with the Diavel I had when going very slowly in town.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

Did a run yesterday with a slow bit through a busy town yesterday. Little bit of heat through the seat, but nothing that was uncomfortable. So far, heat seems to be on a par with the Diavel I had when going very slowly in town.
Would put some of our curiosity to rest if you could post a decent sound clip.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Would put some of our curiosity to rest if you could post a decent sound clip.
I will see what I can do in the next 24 hours! I can't guarantee it will meet the decent criteria tho :grin2:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A new release in may is the sil moto silencer for the SS plus it will be available without homologation (racing loud)
https://www.italo-shop.com/Superspo...t-Sil-Motor-slip-on-Supersport-939::7614.html

Having listened to a few youtube vids, this might be an option over the expensive akra.
Anyone here familiar with sil exhausts. What are your thoughts.
I chatted with SIL motor exhausts today, seems this link is wrongly advertising the exhaust or its a fong kong ripoff because Sil told me they have no design or desire yet to do an exhaust for the SS

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reactions: mike in o.c.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts